Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Use it like creme anglese (sp?) over ice cream, cheese cake,. . .
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Posted to Thread #17630 at 8:36 pm on Feb 6, 2010
vanilla pudding, blueberry pie, pound cake, strawberries, spread on shortbread cookies, eat by the spoon?
A Proud "Master Food Preserver San Bernardino County" since 1996!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17630. QUESTION: Why didn't my Meyer Lemon Curd thicken more? - Luisa_Calif - 6:12pm on 02/06/10 (17)
- I don't use a thermometer, but do it by sight. I stop when the curd(more) - daricem - 7:48pm on 02/06/10
- Luisa, have you calibrated your thermometer? Put it in a glass of crushed ice and water and see - Joe - 7:52pm on 02/06/10
- Did you cook per stated time ONLY or did you test to see if the curd was thick? - mistral - 7:56pm on 02/06/10
- Also, cook over a lower simmer rather than high because. . . - mistral - 7:59pm on 02/06/10
- I posted this exact question 2 years ago! I think the concensus was they have less acid. [NT] [LINK] - MarilynFL - 8:05pm on 02/06/10
- Thanks everyone! I'll check my thermometer. I have lots of lemons so I can do this again w/ mods >> - Luisa_Calif - 8:13pm on 02/06/10
- BTW any suggestions for using runny Lemon Curd? [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 8:22pm on 02/06/10
- Use it like creme anglese (sp?) over ice cream, cheese cake,. . . - mistral - 8:36pm on 02/06/10
- Fold in firmly whipped cream, and use as a filling or topping. [NT] - Meryl - 8:40pm on 02/06/10
- This sounds great! (nt) [NT] - mistral - 8:54pm on 02/06/10
- And if you have ever made that fluffy tapioca pudding that is on the Instant Tapioca. . . - mistral - 9:02pm on 02/06/10
- YES!!! I second that one! [NT] - PatBastrop - 2:27am on 02/07/10
- Mix with cut up fruit [NT] - cheezz - 9:49pm on 02/06/10
- Here's a link to Meyer Lemon Curd that I posted in '06. It is foolproof. Luisa, - Marianne - 9:26pm on 02/06/10
- Marianne.... the link? [NT] - cheezz - 9:47pm on 02/06/10
- Thanks, cheez...my brain is slow and cold today! Here's the link. [NT] [LINK] - Marianne - 10:27pm on 02/06/10
- Hey Luisa, fold in stiffly whipped cream and use to fill cream puffs. Just saw this: [NT] [LINK] - Meryl - 10:21pm on 02/07/10