Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Any "different" recipes to use 1 lb of ground meat? I am thinking of Rec: Thai-Style Ground Beef
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #17789 at 4:01 pm on Feb 22, 2010
from recipezaar/cooking light. I have recently made Laarb, meatballs, italian gravy, chili, meatloaf, etc....
I defrosted the meat for nachos for an appetizer, and the plans changed....so, now trying to think of something different to do with it.....
Any ideas? I recall an asian soup; I believe the meat was dusted with flour and then added to a rich broth....Can't find it anywhere.... Any suggestions on something different to use this meat? TIA, Much appreciated!
Thai-Style Ground Beef Recipe #150739
A wonderful recipe from Cooking Light. A delicious way to use ground beef. You can make it spicier by using more red curry paste.
20 min | 10 min prep
1 cup thinly sliced leek
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 lb lean ground beef
1 teaspoon red curry paste
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup light coconut milk
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon grated lime rind
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon asian fish sauce
3 cups hot cooked short-grain white rice
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
Add leek; sauté 5 minutes.
Add garlic; sauté 1 minute.
Add beef; cook 7 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring to crumble.
Stir in curry paste and tomato sauce; cook until half of liquid evaporates (about 2 minutes).
Add milk and next 4 ingredients (through fish sauce); cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Serve with the rice.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17789. Any "different" recipes to use 1 lb of ground meat? I am thinking of Rec: Thai-Style Ground Beef - barb_b - 4:01pm on 02/22/10 (35)
- What about the recipe that Joe posted above. Blue Cheese Stuffed Bacon Sliders? - Dawn_MO - 5:34pm on 02/22/10
- check out Soups in T&T. several good meatball soups. link is to the hilarious post by Dawn Mo for [LINK] - AngAk - 7:21pm on 02/22/10
- Rec: Hamburger Curry - rhoward2va - 7:28pm on 02/22/10
- Picadillo - Melissa Dallas - 8:02pm on 02/22/10
- I think the Thai-style looks yummy. Here are some old-timey recipes. - Curious1 - 8:36pm on 02/22/10
- Rec: Beef Tamale Pie (hope I'm not too late!) - DawnNYS - 11:21pm on 02/22/10
- Here's something a little different - Rec: Greek-style MeatballsGreek Meatballs - DawnNYS - 11:29pm on 02/22/10
- Rec: Mexican Manicotti [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 11:36pm on 02/22/10
- Rec: Zucchini Lasagne - Pat-NoCal - 11:38pm on 02/22/10
- Want to try this Zucchini Lasagna some time, posted by Olga - Pat-NoCal - 11:39pm on 02/22/10
- Rec; Spaghetti with Greek Meatballs and Tomato Feta Sauce, shared by Evelyn - Pat-NoCal - 11:41pm on 02/22/10
- Rec: Chope's Ground Beef with Potato - Pat-NoCal - 11:43pm on 02/22/10
- I always add potato to my beef taco mix. My cousin told me about it years ago - KarenNoCA - 12:59am on 02/23/10
- Rec: Stack-Ups Ole - Pat-NoCal - 11:44pm on 02/22/10
- Rec: Paradise Cafe Steak Soup - Pat-NoCal - 11:45pm on 02/22/10
- Rec: Mexican Potato Casserole - Pat-NoCal - 11:47pm on 02/22/10
- other ideas: stuffed peppers, dolmas, tacos, enchiladas, salisbury steak, cabbage rolls, shephard's - Pat-NoCal - 11:51pm on 02/22/10
- REC: Taco Casserole - cheezz - 3:40am on 02/23/10
- REC: Stuffed Jumbo Shells - cheezz - 3:40am on 02/23/10
- REC: Stir Fry Broccoli with Meatballs - cheezz - 3:41am on 02/23/10
- REC: Stupidly Simple Taco Soup -- Woody posted this but I haven't tried it yet - cheezz - 3:43am on 02/23/10
- REC: Tacole Taco Dip - cheezz - 10:54pm on 03/04/10
- Meatloaf recipes -- link was posted by Mimi in 'Great Threads' >> [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 3:48am on 02/23/10
- Thanks everyone! I needed some inspiration. I ended up making the Mexican Potato Casserole - barb_b - 12:43pm on 02/23/10
- REC: Beefy Mexican Cornbread Recipe (Sherry-TX) [LINK] - cheezz - 10:48pm on 03/04/10
- REC: Crock Pot 'Baked' Beans (BobbiJoAZ) [LINK] - cheezz - 10:49pm on 03/04/10
- REC: Faux Maid-Rite (aka loose meat sandwich) (from darylGA) [LINK] - cheezz - 10:51pm on 03/04/10
- REC: Dilly Beef Pie (Marg CDN) [LINK] - cheezz - 10:52pm on 03/04/10
- REC: Meatballs or Porcupines in Sauce (Olga_D_Ont) [LINK] - cheezz - 10:56pm on 03/04/10
- Rec: 10-10-10-10 Southwest Crescent Pie (DawnNYS) [LINK] - cheezz - 10:59pm on 03/04/10
- REC: Wild Rice Meatloaf (cheri) [LINK] - cheezz - 11:00pm on 03/04/10
- REC: Keftedakia (Greek Meatballs) (Evelyn/Athens) - this is a T&T recipe [LINK] - cheezz - 5:42am on 03/05/10
- REC: Loupy's Sour Cream Enchiladas - this is a T&T recipe [LINK] - cheezz - 5:44am on 03/05/10
- REC: Mexican Meatball Soup With Rice and Cilantro (Dawn_MO) - this is a T&T recipe [LINK] - cheezz - 5:48am on 03/05/10
- Rec: Stupidly Simple Taco Soup (woody) - this is a T&T recipe [LINK] - cheezz - 5:53am on 03/05/10