Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC: Strawberry Pie
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #17851 at 2:45 am on Mar 3, 2010
You will need one baked 9” pie crust.
Wash and hull enough strawberries to fill a 9” pie plate, plus 1 cup for glaze. Drain strawberries well, or pat dry with paper towels. Line strawberries around bottom of pie crust, starting from center, out - place them with points up. Slowly pour glaze over all, gently nudging berries around to be sure glaze gets in between. Cool in fridge about 2 hours before cutting.
Cook until soft, then strain through a sieve:
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
1 cup strawberries, cut up
Put strained juice back in pan on low heat.
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
3-1/2 tbl. cornstarch
Add this to the hot syrup mixture, whisking constantly until it turns clear.
Add 1 tbl. lemon juice stir, and slowly pour over pie as directed above.
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out, but I can usually shut her up with cookies!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17851. Pi Day is coming up on 3/14 so thot it a good time to start a pie thread... - MariaDNoCA - 9:04am on 03/02/10 (30)
- REC: My Oh My, Peach Pie and Peach Crostata (make this every year) - MariaDNoCA - 9:09am on 03/02/10
- David's My Oh My Blueberry Pie is a favorite, didn't think about using peaches. Thanks! [NT] - Curious1 - 6:21pm on 03/02/10
- Strawberry Cream Pie - Meryl - 9:13am on 03/02/10
- Key Lime Pie - Meryl - 9:14am on 03/02/10
- and my favorite REC: Key Lime Pie - cheezz - 2:38am on 03/03/10
- Cheez! This is GREAT! I've been looking for a Key Lime Pie that doesn't use condensed (feh!) milk. - Steve2 in LA - 3:00am on 03/03/10
- You wouldn't put it in lemon pie, so why lime?! Anyway, let me know how you like it [NT] - cheezz - 6:50am on 03/03/10
- Right there with you, cheez. I'll let you know. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 9:23pm on 03/03/10
- Have you tried the Cook's Illustrated Key Lime Bars from their Jul/Aug 2006 issue? [NT] - cheezz - 6:52am on 03/03/10
- I hate sweetened condensed milk also. The only time I like it is in Key Lime Pie. [NT] - Meryl - 8:19am on 03/03/10
- Am. Test Kitchen has updated their Key Lime Pie last Sat. - BobbiJoAZ - 8:57pm on 03/03/10
- Meatless Mince Pie - BobbiJoAZ - 1:58pm on 03/02/10
- Fruit Pizza Pie - BobbiJoAZ - 2:06pm on 03/02/10
- Peanut Butter Pie - BobbiJoAZ - 2:08pm on 03/02/10
- BBQ Chicken Potpie With Cornbread Crust - MariaDNoCA - 1:23am on 03/03/10
- Tomato Pie - MariaDNoCA - 1:28am on 03/03/10
- Vidalia Onion Pie - MariaDNoCA - 8:31am on 03/03/10
- and don't forget crust recipes! REC: Oatmeal Pie Crust - cheezz - 2:39am on 03/03/10
- REC: Easiest Ever Mixer Crust - cheezz - 2:40am on 03/03/10
- REC: Mud Pie - cheezz - 2:41am on 03/03/10
- REC: Pumpkin Pecan Crumble Pie - cheezz - 2:42am on 03/03/10
- REC: Buttermilk Pie - cheezz - 2:42am on 03/03/10
- REC: Eggnog Chiffon Pie - cheezz - 2:43am on 03/03/10
- REC: Grandma Dart's Pecan Pie - cheezz - 2:44am on 03/03/10
- REC: Strawberry Pie - cheezz - 2:45am on 03/03/10
- REC: Banana Cream Pie - cheezz - 2:46am on 03/03/10
- REC: Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie with Crunchy Streusel Topping - Steve2 in LA - 3:36am on 03/03/10
- On my to-try list: Triple Chocolate Pudding pie with cappuccino Cream [LINK] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 8:45am on 03/03/10
- Buckhead Diner White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie - Melissa Dallas - 4:01pm on 03/03/10
- On my try list: Momofuku's Crack Pie [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 9:11pm on 03/04/10