Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Steve2 in LA||
Cheez! This is GREAT! I've been looking for a Key Lime Pie that doesn't use condensed (feh!) milk.
Joined: Feb 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #17851 at 3:00 am on Mar 3, 2010
I'm making this when I have friends over for dinner in a couple of weeks. Should go perfectly with gumbo.
We have a Key Lime tree in the backyard and always wind up using them as one would use regular limes.
Again, many thanks
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Other messages in this thread:
- 17851. Pi Day is coming up on 3/14 so thot it a good time to start a pie thread... - MariaDNoCA - 9:04am on 03/02/10 (30)
- REC: My Oh My, Peach Pie and Peach Crostata (make this every year) - MariaDNoCA - 9:09am on 03/02/10
- David's My Oh My Blueberry Pie is a favorite, didn't think about using peaches. Thanks! [NT] - Curious1 - 6:21pm on 03/02/10
- Strawberry Cream Pie - Meryl - 9:13am on 03/02/10
- Key Lime Pie - Meryl - 9:14am on 03/02/10
- and my favorite REC: Key Lime Pie - cheezz - 2:38am on 03/03/10
- Cheez! This is GREAT! I've been looking for a Key Lime Pie that doesn't use condensed (feh!) milk. - Steve2 in LA - 3:00am on 03/03/10
- You wouldn't put it in lemon pie, so why lime?! Anyway, let me know how you like it [NT] - cheezz - 6:50am on 03/03/10
- Right there with you, cheez. I'll let you know. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 9:23pm on 03/03/10
- Have you tried the Cook's Illustrated Key Lime Bars from their Jul/Aug 2006 issue? [NT] - cheezz - 6:52am on 03/03/10
- I hate sweetened condensed milk also. The only time I like it is in Key Lime Pie. [NT] - Meryl - 8:19am on 03/03/10
- Am. Test Kitchen has updated their Key Lime Pie last Sat. - BobbiJoAZ - 8:57pm on 03/03/10
- Meatless Mince Pie - BobbiJoAZ - 1:58pm on 03/02/10
- Fruit Pizza Pie - BobbiJoAZ - 2:06pm on 03/02/10
- Peanut Butter Pie - BobbiJoAZ - 2:08pm on 03/02/10
- BBQ Chicken Potpie With Cornbread Crust - MariaDNoCA - 1:23am on 03/03/10
- Tomato Pie - MariaDNoCA - 1:28am on 03/03/10
- Vidalia Onion Pie - MariaDNoCA - 8:31am on 03/03/10
- and don't forget crust recipes! REC: Oatmeal Pie Crust - cheezz - 2:39am on 03/03/10
- REC: Easiest Ever Mixer Crust - cheezz - 2:40am on 03/03/10
- REC: Mud Pie - cheezz - 2:41am on 03/03/10
- REC: Pumpkin Pecan Crumble Pie - cheezz - 2:42am on 03/03/10
- REC: Buttermilk Pie - cheezz - 2:42am on 03/03/10
- REC: Eggnog Chiffon Pie - cheezz - 2:43am on 03/03/10
- REC: Grandma Dart's Pecan Pie - cheezz - 2:44am on 03/03/10
- REC: Strawberry Pie - cheezz - 2:45am on 03/03/10
- REC: Banana Cream Pie - cheezz - 2:46am on 03/03/10
- REC: Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie with Crunchy Streusel Topping - Steve2 in LA - 3:36am on 03/03/10
- On my to-try list: Triple Chocolate Pudding pie with cappuccino Cream [LINK] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 8:45am on 03/03/10
- Buckhead Diner White Chocolate Banana Cream Pie - Melissa Dallas - 4:01pm on 03/03/10
- On my try list: Momofuku's Crack Pie [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 9:11pm on 03/04/10