Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I should start using some of the frozen pureed pumpkin that I have
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #17974 at 11:47 pm on Mar 23, 2010
stashed in the freezer (although many of the pumpkins bit the dust before I got a chance to roast them in the "absent" oven last fall, so I only have about 12 cups of it). Could I make pumpkin cookies for whoopie pies using the same recipe for pumpkin bread? Any adjustments to keep them from spreading out on the cookie sheet, or other tips?
'Thought it was a little different that just making pumpkin bread. I'm going to try a filling using marscapone cheese. Hmm, spell-check just suggested "marshmallow" for marscapone...
(In my best Forrest Gump voice...) Pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pie, pumpkin scones, pumpkin soup, pumpkin ravioli, pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin cookies...
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 17974. I should start using some of the frozen pureed pumpkin that I have - DawnNYS - 11:47pm on 03/23/10 (14)
- Pumpkin Soup? Several recipes here including ones for butternut squash soups? [NT] - Nan - 11:56pm on 03/23/10
- Thanks, but - DawnNYS - 11:33am on 03/24/10
- Musta been that Forest Gump voice! LOL [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 3:17pm on 03/24/10
- My sister has been making pumpkin bread & covering the top of the batter - Melissa Dallas - 12:05pm on 03/24/10
- That's clever, she should enter a baking contest with that. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:56pm on 03/24/10
- I tried that with rolls once and they came right off when you picked them up to eat. so do >>> - Luisa_Calif - 3:05pm on 03/24/10
- I read that an egg white wash helps keeping the seeds on... Just a thought. [NT] - barb_b - 7:50pm on 03/24/10
- Hot glue gun? teehee ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 10:28pm on 03/24/10
- Hey with the canned pumpkin shortage - maybe you should sell it :-) [NT] - Music City Missy - 9:48pm on 03/24/10
- Why is there a canned pumpkin shortage? [NT] - KarenNoCA - 11:48pm on 03/24/10
- There was a shortage around November - I think due to a cold and wet - DawnNYS - 1:42am on 03/25/10
- Dawn, these Pumpkin Choc Chip cookies in T&T are cakey and would work for your whoopie pies. I think [LINK] - AngAk - 5:44pm on 03/25/10
- These look perfect - thanks. Who says I'm going to leave out the chocolatlate ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:26pm on 03/25/10
- P.S. I love cakey cookies, as long as they aren't dry, and seems these got raves! [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:32pm on 03/25/10