Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
I googled. Here's the lowdown: Aldi's is owned by a corp. in Germany...
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18025 at 3:10 pm on Apr 3, 2010
...started by the Albrecht brothers. Aldi's is short for "ALbrecht's DIScount". There are two separate corporate entities operating as Aldi's, both owned by the Albrecht brothers, who have since retired as Germany's richest men.
One brother, who ran the Aldi's entity that came to the United States, started Trader Joe's as a separate company.
That's the story I got from Wikipedia, in a nutshell.
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 18025. My first trip to Aldi - Melissa Dallas - 8:04pm on 04/02/10 (10)
- I'm hoping they make it to Phoenix soon. I haven't googled it, but... - Michael in Phoenix - 8:22pm on 04/02/10
- They simultaneously opened a whole bunch of stores in this area. - Melissa Dallas - 10:31pm on 04/02/10
- I know it has German origins... or that's what I was told when it came here :o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:09pm on 04/03/10
- I googled. Here's the lowdown: Aldi's is owned by a corp. in Germany... - Michael in Phoenix - 3:10pm on 04/03/10
- Why thank you very much Michael! [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:25am on 04/04/10
- Geez! You people are spoiled! I was thrilled when a Publix just opened up 45 minutes away. [NT] - Marianne - 3:11am on 04/03/10
- You're right, Marianne. The Phoenix market has always been very competitive. - Michael in Phoenix - 6:32am on 04/03/10
- Eight-pound?! for $6? Sounds yummy. [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:38pm on 04/03/10
- Yeah, it was already on sale when I bought it, and it was in the "manager's special" section as well [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 3:03pm on 04/03/10
- Wow, what a find! I don't see specials like that anywhere in my neck of the woods. [NT] - Marianne - 3:53pm on 04/03/10