Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Barbara in VA||
REC: Halibut Wrapped in Swiss Chard with Ginger Cream Sauce
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #18066 at 12:52 pm on Apr 12, 2010
Looking for some spring inspired menus, I pulled down several years of old Bon Apetite April issues. In the 1995 one I found this halibut recipe along with a delicious sounding menu. So, we invited friends over and I spent a good part of the weekend preparing dinner. Here's what we had:
*Artichoke and white bean dip with baked pita chips (from Giada)
*chopped salad (brought by my friend)
*she also brought a loaf of bread from the Swiss bakery (a long dark loaf, twisted and covered with all kinds of seeds-it was to die for!)
*Halibut wrapped in Swiss Chard
*asparagus with gremolata
*roasted rosemary potatoes
*chocolate tart with raspberries
I can't tell you how wonderful the halibut was. It was an adventure for me as I have not "steamed" much but the fish turned out perfectly and the ginger cream sauce could not have been better.
While everything else was delicious, I am a dessert person and I LOVED the chocolate raspberry tart and can't wait to make it again. I initially picked it because it uses raspberry jam and I am trying to use up some of last year's jam supply to make room for this years creations.
Since it was a magnificant spring day (and all the bugs have not come out yet) it was a perfect time to eat outside, enjoy good food and friends. It's so nice whan everything turns out well :) So, I just had to share these recipes with you all!
Link: Halibut wrapped in Swiss Chard
Other messages in this thread:
- 18066. REC: Halibut Wrapped in Swiss Chard with Ginger Cream Sauce [LINK] - Barbara in VA - 12:52pm on 04/12/10 (14)
- REC: Chocolate Raspberry Tart [LINK] - Barbara in VA - 12:55pm on 04/12/10
- What a lovely menu. We had halibut and a Swiss chard gratin Saturday. Fish so good, I went back - Curious1 - 7:37pm on 04/12/10
- It is a delicious fish isn't it! - Barbara in VA - 9:09pm on 04/12/10
- Same price at FM and only a dollar more than it was at Costco a few weeks ago. Perhaps WF will - Curious1 - 9:23pm on 04/12/10
- yay, eat more halibut---makes us happy! [NT] - AngAk - 4:17am on 04/13/10
- Just curious, how much is it a lb there? [NT] - Curious1 - 2:12pm on 04/13/10
- here in Southeast, just under $20. might be cheaper up Ang's way? [NT] - Nan - 3:27pm on 04/13/10
- Fred Meyer's(Kroger) has it 12.99/lb this week. [NT] - AngAk - 6:57pm on 04/13/10
- $22 a #, just off the boat today. I prefer cod and snapper to halibut, - Nan - 9:16pm on 04/13/10
- I bought it at Publix 2 weeks ago for $35.00 a pound!!! [NT] - Michael in Sarasota - 10:53am on 04/14/10
- Ouch! Cheaper to fly to AK for the weekend and pick up a few pounds... [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 3:26pm on 04/14/10
- come on up---but be forewarned, I have 4 inches of new snow this morning. grrrrrr. [NT] - AngAk - 5:19pm on 04/14/10
- and it's still snowing. maybe we'll go home early. time enough to finish my taxes. [NT] - AngAk - 11:04pm on 04/14/10
- I thought it would be cheaper close to the source. But then, grouper and snapper isn't cheap here. [NT] - Curious1 - 6:02pm on 04/14/10