Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Olga's Creamy Baked Beefaroni
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #18130 at 5:00 pm on Apr 27, 2010
We have made this a number of times. Great comfort food.
Creamy Baked Beefaroni
1 lb penne
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup chopped onions
2 tsp minced fresh garlic
12 oz extra lean ground beef
1 3/4 cups tomato-based pasta sauce
1/2 cup beef stock or chicken stock
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
1 3/4 cups beef stock or chicken stock
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 13-by-9-inch glass baking dish with cooking oil.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the penne for eight to 10 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain.
Heat the oil in a non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until softened, which takes about four minutes.
Stir in the beef and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until no longer pink, which takes about four minutes.
Stir in the tomato pasta sauce and 1/2 cup stock. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, or until thickened. Set aside.
Whisk the flour, milk and 1 3/4 cup stock in a non-stick saucepan until smooth.
Place over medium heat and cook until the mixture begins to boil. Reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for five minutes or until thickened.
Stir in the cheddar cheese. Remove from heat.
Stir the cheese sauce into the meat sauce.
Toss the pasta with the sauce. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
Bake in the centre of the oven for 10 minutes, until bubbly. Serves 4-6.
Link: Olga's Creamy Baked Beefaroni
Other messages in this thread:
- 18130. Made the following casserole for a large potluck over the weekend. Made a large amount. Bowl was - Elenor - 3:59pm on 04/27/10 (29)
- The chicken tetrazzini from Mellisa Dallas - LOVE this dish! - cheezz - 4:33pm on 04/27/10
- Steve's Green Chile-Chicken Chilaquiles [LINK] - cheezz - 4:36pm on 04/27/10
- REC: Chicken Breasts in Caper Cream Sauce - posted by MOMMYTO2BOYS - cheezz - 4:37pm on 04/27/10
- These are really fabulous, too: Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas - cheezz - 10:04pm on 04/27/10
- If your into classic "junk food" potluck, I recommend. . . - mistral - 4:38pm on 04/27/10
- Man, brain f***. Shoulda been "If you're. . . " (nt) [NT] - mistral - 4:40pm on 04/27/10
- Bread pudding, yes.... or that banana pudding made with nilla wafers and vanilla pudding *g* [NT] - cheezz - 10:01pm on 04/27/10
- Olga's Creamy Baked Beefaroni [LINK] - barb_b - 5:00pm on 04/27/10
- Would you be interested in a tuna casserole? - Curious1 - 7:28pm on 04/27/10
- look in T&T pasta. Sylivia's Rigatoni casserole is really good. also rvb's lasagna with artichokes [LINK] - AngAk - 8:40pm on 04/27/10
- I assume this is it ang? REC: Lasagna with Spinach, Artichoke and Lemon [LINK] - Dawn_MO - 10:18pm on 04/27/10
- it is delicous! decadent and just lovely. [NT] - AngAk - 10:36pm on 04/27/10
- another fast dish that feeds many is that lasagna that you make with frozen raviolis. layer it with - AngAk - 10:37pm on 04/27/10
- Here's one I've made. I used the frozen from Sam's club. Be sure to buy ravioli's that have a [LINK] - Curious1 - 1:38pm on 04/28/10
- I've done this too when I needed to bring a dish to a sick friend.. - deb-in-MI - 3:33pm on 04/28/10
- I made a dish to take to a family reunion, and it was wiped clean also, - KarenNoCA - 12:08am on 04/28/10
- Here ya go Karen - Texas Party Spaghetti from Loupy - cheezz - 5:08am on 04/28/10
- Loupy! What ever happened to her? She was a doll and fun to be with! [NT] - FloriSandy - 5:12am on 04/28/10
- Thanks you so much, I had misplaced my copy. This is a wonderful dish, very tasty. [NT] - KarenNoCA - 3:46pm on 04/28/10
- Does a casserole-y dish exist that doesn't have any cream or cheese???? - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:33am on 04/28/10
- Can you have goat cheese? [NT] - Meryl - 4:48am on 04/28/10
- I don't really care for it. [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:10am on 04/28/10
- Pat's Oriental Chicken Salad. Economical and a great crowd pleaser. - Traca - 5:15pm on 04/28/10
- I can't find this. Could you link to it for meTraca? TIA [NT] - orchid - 7:17pm on 04/28/10
- Here you go...(I trade the crunchy ramen on top for toasted almonds or peanuts) [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 11:35pm on 04/28/10
- Oh, how funny! That is one of my favorite salads. A friend gave it to - orchid - 12:52am on 04/29/10
- This is a great salad to make a big batch early in the week & feed off of for days. - Traca - 5:33am on 04/29/10
- WOW - What a great selection. I`m going to start at the top and work down. Thanks everyone. [NT] - Elenor - 6:11pm on 04/28/10
- nlb's Chicken Noodle Casserole [NT] [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 1:14am on 04/29/10