Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My Weekend Six
Joined: Feb 5, 2006
Posted to Thread #18196 at 6:53 am on May 8, 2010
1. I woke up early today so I'm making chestnut chocolate chip muffins. I've had this bag of chestnut flour sitting in my fridge for ages, and I finally found out what to do with it. I hope they'll taste as good as the picture in the recipe looked.
2. It's my birthday today. I wonder what DH got for me...(He's still asleep).
3. My nephew's 6th birthday was yesterday, and he's celebrating today. Dinner will be hot dogs (vegetarian hot dogs for me). Yay! :-D
4. We had a minor chrisis this week. My bathroom weight broke down. It sure is comfortable not to have a weight in the bathroom, but I realized I like to be in control. DH bought us a new one yesterday, one that measures body fat and BMI. Spent an hour trying to install all my numbers in that sucker. Decided at the end - at the point where I almost threw the darned thing out the window - that I really don't care about body fat and that the number of pounds will do. (Don't you just hate gadgets that have so many installments that it takes all the user friendliness out?)
4. I tried vegetarian bacon for the first time last night (I made Spagetti Carbonara for DH). I baked it in the oven - same thing I do with regular bacon - and the veggie bacon came so close to cardboard paper as it is possible to come, without being actual cardboard. I read later on the package that you are supposed to fry it in a pan. I will have to try that and see if it works better.
5. The plants in my greenhouse is thriving. I look forward to getting my own tomatos :-)
6. The sky is blue and the sun is shining today, and it's upposed to be warm and nice all day so I'm taking DH and the dogs for a walk in the woods behind our house later today. i have found this path that takes me one hour, and it takes me up to this view point where I can see the entire valley. It's beautiful up there, and I plan on bringing some coffee and chestnut chocolate muffins for us. After all, it's my birthday too :-)
"I Love Cooking With Wine. Sometimes I Even Put It In The Food."
Other messages in this thread:
- 18196. My Weekend Six: I survived making the trout! - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:06am on 05/08/10 (27)
- Congratulations, Amanda! [NT] - Meryl - 5:56am on 05/08/10
- If you want something easy and delicious, using strawberries, here's one: Strawberry Cream Pie - Meryl - 5:57am on 05/08/10
- My Weekend Six - EvaN - 6:53am on 05/08/10
- Have a happy birthday Eva!!! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 4:45pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:45pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday, sounds like a lovely day. [NT] - elaine - 4:56pm on 05/08/10
- Eva, enjoy your special day. Happy Birthday! [NT] - Sylvia - 5:09pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday Eva, I enjoy your posts. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:00pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday, Eva! [NT] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 8:04pm on 05/08/10
- HAPPY HAPPY BDAY! [NT] - SallyBR - 10:21pm on 05/08/10
- Happy birthday Eva! I like "so I'm taking DH and the dogs for a walk in the woods" - lol. Hope it - DawnNYS - 1:07am on 05/09/10
- Happy Birthday, (((Eva))) [NT] - PatBastrop - 2:22am on 05/09/10
- what a lovely birthday Eva. [NT] - AngAk - 6:10pm on 05/10/10
- My six - PatBastrop - 2:29am on 05/09/10
- Would you share more about the frittata? Sounds wonderful! [NT] - orchid - 3:06am on 05/09/10
- So easy -- I divided this recipe for frittata in two for the two of us: - PatBastrop - 8:42pm on 05/09/10
- You had me at Gruyere! Reads wonderful. Thanks Pat [NT] - orchid - 10:49pm on 05/09/10
- Wow, I love your day. and perfect ending with icecream and peaches. winning combination! [NT] - AngAk - 6:13pm on 05/10/10
- Oh, why did you have to remind me about that ice cream? Love it. Lots of time - Melissa Dallas - 6:28pm on 05/10/10
- MY weekend six - elaine - 4:20am on 05/09/10
- Aw, what a thoughtful Grandma... they "took the cake" alright ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:23pm on 05/09/10
- Happy Mother's Day ! You deserve it ! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 4:16pm on 05/09/10
- So funny about the cakes! those books will be treasured. [NT] - AngAk - 6:16pm on 05/10/10
- My snowy Sunday six - Happy Mother's Day all :o) - DawnNYS - 1:49pm on 05/09/10
- OK, I'm chuckling just a bit at your snowflakes. my six - AngAk - 6:29pm on 05/10/10
- AngAk, in my next life I want to be your neighbor so I can be in your book club! :-) - EvaN - 11:04pm on 05/15/10
- we had a great night---thanks! [NT] - AngAk - 7:06am on 05/17/10