Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Mar 16, 2006
Posted to Thread #18196 at 2:29 am on May 9, 2010
Went to Nordstrom's for lunch today -- yummy lemon risotto with asparagus and grilled shrimp. So good! Split an old fashioned fruit shortcake for dessert.
Then DH and I went to Williams Sonoma and he bought the new All-Clad omelet pan, even though we have sworn off all practical gifts, I wanted it for Mother's Day (yes, I TOLD him I wasn't HIS mother, he says I deserve a gift from him anyway).
To assuage the practicality of the omelet pan he surprised me with a bottle of my fave perfume! After 42 years he's still a sweetie!
Stopped at HEB for a half gallon of BlueBell Homemade vanilla with peaches. You can only get it for a couple of months during the year, after all!
Made an asparagus tomato frittata in the new pan for dinner -- oh, my, it is a wonderful instrument!
Now I'm going to scoop out some of that homemade vanilla! YUM.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18196. My Weekend Six: I survived making the trout! - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:06am on 05/08/10 (27)
- Congratulations, Amanda! [NT] - Meryl - 5:56am on 05/08/10
- If you want something easy and delicious, using strawberries, here's one: Strawberry Cream Pie - Meryl - 5:57am on 05/08/10
- My Weekend Six - EvaN - 6:53am on 05/08/10
- Have a happy birthday Eva!!! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 4:45pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:45pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday, sounds like a lovely day. [NT] - elaine - 4:56pm on 05/08/10
- Eva, enjoy your special day. Happy Birthday! [NT] - Sylvia - 5:09pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday Eva, I enjoy your posts. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:00pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday, Eva! [NT] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 8:04pm on 05/08/10
- HAPPY HAPPY BDAY! [NT] - SallyBR - 10:21pm on 05/08/10
- Happy birthday Eva! I like "so I'm taking DH and the dogs for a walk in the woods" - lol. Hope it - DawnNYS - 1:07am on 05/09/10
- Happy Birthday, (((Eva))) [NT] - PatBastrop - 2:22am on 05/09/10
- what a lovely birthday Eva. [NT] - AngAk - 6:10pm on 05/10/10
- My six - PatBastrop - 2:29am on 05/09/10
- Would you share more about the frittata? Sounds wonderful! [NT] - orchid - 3:06am on 05/09/10
- So easy -- I divided this recipe for frittata in two for the two of us: - PatBastrop - 8:42pm on 05/09/10
- You had me at Gruyere! Reads wonderful. Thanks Pat [NT] - orchid - 10:49pm on 05/09/10
- Wow, I love your day. and perfect ending with icecream and peaches. winning combination! [NT] - AngAk - 6:13pm on 05/10/10
- Oh, why did you have to remind me about that ice cream? Love it. Lots of time - Melissa Dallas - 6:28pm on 05/10/10
- MY weekend six - elaine - 4:20am on 05/09/10
- Aw, what a thoughtful Grandma... they "took the cake" alright ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:23pm on 05/09/10
- Happy Mother's Day ! You deserve it ! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 4:16pm on 05/09/10
- So funny about the cakes! those books will be treasured. [NT] - AngAk - 6:16pm on 05/10/10
- My snowy Sunday six - Happy Mother's Day all :o) - DawnNYS - 1:49pm on 05/09/10
- OK, I'm chuckling just a bit at your snowflakes. my six - AngAk - 6:29pm on 05/10/10
- AngAk, in my next life I want to be your neighbor so I can be in your book club! :-) - EvaN - 11:04pm on 05/15/10
- we had a great night---thanks! [NT] - AngAk - 7:06am on 05/17/10