Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
MY weekend six
Joined: Feb 4, 2008
Posted to Thread #18196 at 4:20 am on May 9, 2010
Birthday parties for my 3 yr. old grandson.ON Thursday night baked 3 cakes - 1 for kindergarten and 2 for construction of a Dora adventure for the big party on Friday afternoon.
MY son said - Mom, we will come and get the kindergarten cake and save you the trip. We will be in the city for the evening and just come in late after you guys are asleep and take the cake. Great I said and finished the elephant cake immediately, leaving the other 2 in the fridge so the frosting spreads better.!.
Woke up 5.30 am on Fri. to start the decoration and found the elephant cake on the table, the undecorated cake from the fridge gone!!
While waiting till 7 to go and get the cake (they have an alarm), made a zucchini and rice casserole for the party.
At seven made the trip (15 minutes one way, 30 back) to get the cake and brought them the casserole.
Finally got the cake decorated.
Rushed to the printer's to pick up the children's book I wrote for my 3 yr. old grandson. (I have done one for each of the grandchildren)
Rushed over to my daughter's where I am babysitting the kids in her absence and got them dressed for the party. Back to get DH and off to the party.
And that was enough for the rest of the weekend!!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18196. My Weekend Six: I survived making the trout! - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:06am on 05/08/10 (27)
- Congratulations, Amanda! [NT] - Meryl - 5:56am on 05/08/10
- If you want something easy and delicious, using strawberries, here's one: Strawberry Cream Pie - Meryl - 5:57am on 05/08/10
- My Weekend Six - EvaN - 6:53am on 05/08/10
- Have a happy birthday Eva!!! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 4:45pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:45pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday, sounds like a lovely day. [NT] - elaine - 4:56pm on 05/08/10
- Eva, enjoy your special day. Happy Birthday! [NT] - Sylvia - 5:09pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday Eva, I enjoy your posts. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:00pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday, Eva! [NT] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 8:04pm on 05/08/10
- HAPPY HAPPY BDAY! [NT] - SallyBR - 10:21pm on 05/08/10
- Happy birthday Eva! I like "so I'm taking DH and the dogs for a walk in the woods" - lol. Hope it - DawnNYS - 1:07am on 05/09/10
- Happy Birthday, (((Eva))) [NT] - PatBastrop - 2:22am on 05/09/10
- what a lovely birthday Eva. [NT] - AngAk - 6:10pm on 05/10/10
- My six - PatBastrop - 2:29am on 05/09/10
- Would you share more about the frittata? Sounds wonderful! [NT] - orchid - 3:06am on 05/09/10
- So easy -- I divided this recipe for frittata in two for the two of us: - PatBastrop - 8:42pm on 05/09/10
- You had me at Gruyere! Reads wonderful. Thanks Pat [NT] - orchid - 10:49pm on 05/09/10
- Wow, I love your day. and perfect ending with icecream and peaches. winning combination! [NT] - AngAk - 6:13pm on 05/10/10
- Oh, why did you have to remind me about that ice cream? Love it. Lots of time - Melissa Dallas - 6:28pm on 05/10/10
- MY weekend six - elaine - 4:20am on 05/09/10
- Aw, what a thoughtful Grandma... they "took the cake" alright ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:23pm on 05/09/10
- Happy Mother's Day ! You deserve it ! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 4:16pm on 05/09/10
- So funny about the cakes! those books will be treasured. [NT] - AngAk - 6:16pm on 05/10/10
- My snowy Sunday six - Happy Mother's Day all :o) - DawnNYS - 1:49pm on 05/09/10
- OK, I'm chuckling just a bit at your snowflakes. my six - AngAk - 6:29pm on 05/10/10
- AngAk, in my next life I want to be your neighbor so I can be in your book club! :-) - EvaN - 11:04pm on 05/15/10
- we had a great night---thanks! [NT] - AngAk - 7:06am on 05/17/10