Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My snowy Sunday six - Happy Mother's Day all :o)
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18196 at 1:49 pm on May 9, 2010
Yes, you read that right! 86 last week and AC on in the car (it was melting my chocolate!) and 32 and snowing this a.m. Flurries in the air as I speak!
Friday night we went to a neighbor's for apps and pizza and watched "Avitar" dvd - tip: don't watch it on a widescreen tv without anti-nausea drugs nearby ;o) I could never have watched it in the movie theater! Oohoohh
Breakfast yesterday was oatmeal muffins I made using the recipe that required a "carbonated" liquid - yes, beer works just fine. Good with orange marmalade and tea.
Then off to the farmers market to see what they had in the way of flowers and to buy vegetables and whatever. I stopped myself from going to the "overstock" store right nearby this time. Too much in the pantry already.
Then to the Y for a half-hour on the treadmill while the kids swam. And then circuit/light weight training for 15 minutes - I just couldn't do more.
Trying to keep busy lately so I cleaned out the car - again - and then vacuumed it too. Busy is good.
This morning DH made pancakes and omelets (ok, more like scrambled eggs in the end) after surprising me with a morning newspaper and Dunkin' Donuts coffee, all done while I was in the shower. This afternoon will be an indoor picnic at my sister's house with everyone's mother - 'was going to be outside, but given the snow...
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18196. My Weekend Six: I survived making the trout! - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 5:06am on 05/08/10 (27)
- Congratulations, Amanda! [NT] - Meryl - 5:56am on 05/08/10
- If you want something easy and delicious, using strawberries, here's one: Strawberry Cream Pie - Meryl - 5:57am on 05/08/10
- My Weekend Six - EvaN - 6:53am on 05/08/10
- Have a happy birthday Eva!!! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 4:45pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 4:45pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday, sounds like a lovely day. [NT] - elaine - 4:56pm on 05/08/10
- Eva, enjoy your special day. Happy Birthday! [NT] - Sylvia - 5:09pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday Eva, I enjoy your posts. [NT] - Curious1 - 7:00pm on 05/08/10
- Happy Birthday, Eva! [NT] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 8:04pm on 05/08/10
- HAPPY HAPPY BDAY! [NT] - SallyBR - 10:21pm on 05/08/10
- Happy birthday Eva! I like "so I'm taking DH and the dogs for a walk in the woods" - lol. Hope it - DawnNYS - 1:07am on 05/09/10
- Happy Birthday, (((Eva))) [NT] - PatBastrop - 2:22am on 05/09/10
- what a lovely birthday Eva. [NT] - AngAk - 6:10pm on 05/10/10
- My six - PatBastrop - 2:29am on 05/09/10
- Would you share more about the frittata? Sounds wonderful! [NT] - orchid - 3:06am on 05/09/10
- So easy -- I divided this recipe for frittata in two for the two of us: - PatBastrop - 8:42pm on 05/09/10
- You had me at Gruyere! Reads wonderful. Thanks Pat [NT] - orchid - 10:49pm on 05/09/10
- Wow, I love your day. and perfect ending with icecream and peaches. winning combination! [NT] - AngAk - 6:13pm on 05/10/10
- Oh, why did you have to remind me about that ice cream? Love it. Lots of time - Melissa Dallas - 6:28pm on 05/10/10
- MY weekend six - elaine - 4:20am on 05/09/10
- Aw, what a thoughtful Grandma... they "took the cake" alright ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 1:23pm on 05/09/10
- Happy Mother's Day ! You deserve it ! [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 4:16pm on 05/09/10
- So funny about the cakes! those books will be treasured. [NT] - AngAk - 6:16pm on 05/10/10
- My snowy Sunday six - Happy Mother's Day all :o) - DawnNYS - 1:49pm on 05/09/10
- OK, I'm chuckling just a bit at your snowflakes. my six - AngAk - 6:29pm on 05/10/10
- AngAk, in my next life I want to be your neighbor so I can be in your book club! :-) - EvaN - 11:04pm on 05/15/10
- we had a great night---thanks! [NT] - AngAk - 7:06am on 05/17/10