Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
ISO: I bought fresh okra just because it looked so good. I want to use it in a jambalaya recipe
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18204 at 9:18 pm on May 10, 2010
that calls for frozen whole okra. I'm assuming the fresh okra wouldn't cook as well in the rice mixture for the few minutes required as the frozen. So what do I do to it to make it work? Would it be okay to blanch it for a couple of minutes then toss it in? And if I don't get around to making the jambalaya (I way over-bought produce this week), could I blanch as above then freeze it whole?
Other messages in this thread:
- 18204. ISO: I bought fresh okra just because it looked so good. I want to use it in a jambalaya recipe - Curious1 - 9:18pm on 05/10/10 (4)
- Unless it is old & tough (big pods) cut up fresh okra will cook in just a few minutes. - Melissa Dallas - 10:58pm on 05/10/10
- Thanks Melissa, I may make a jar of pickles. I've found a recipe for a refrigerated version and - Curious1 - 11:58am on 05/11/10
- Curious, how about smothered okra with tomatoes? - MarkinHouston - 11:05am on 05/12/10
- This looks so good I hope I can find more fresh okra. Thanks Mark. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:35pm on 05/13/10