Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Made this last night and we enjoyed it. Modified the oven time after viewing the recipe
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18198 at 9:35 pm on May 10, 2010
in my Union Square Cafe Cookbook which says to
"Cover and place in the oven. After 15 minutes, baste the chicken with cooking liquid. Continue cooking, uncovered, for an additional 35-40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes. When done, the chicken and lemon slices will be nicely browned."....
I found that the chicken didn't take an additional 35-40 minutes uncovered, my time was less, but then my chicken pieces were a little smaller than usual. Tasty dish that I'll be making again. Thanks for the post, Traca.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18198. Delish! Mama Romano's Baked Lemon Chicken - Traca - 4:13am on 05/09/10 (11)
- Covered or uncovered? - Pam - 3:19pm on 05/10/10
- Typos corrected. Make that "Covered". Thanks Pam. [NT] - Traca - 5:37pm on 05/12/10
- Does the 'sauce' thicken up as it bakes? Sounds like it would be lovely over fettuccini [NT] - cheezz - 3:46pm on 05/10/10
- Yes, the sauce does thicken up as it cooks. [NT] - Traca - 5:36pm on 05/12/10
- Made this last night and we enjoyed it. Modified the oven time after viewing the recipe - Pat-NoCal - 9:35pm on 05/10/10
- p.s. Good sides were Braised Fingerling Coins (see link) and [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 9:38pm on 05/10/10
- Yum, they look good Pat, thanks. I've saut - FloriSandy - 10:56pm on 05/10/10
- I agree, sauteed fingerling coins aren't too shabby either. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 8:59pm on 05/11/10
- Yum! I like your adaptations, Pat. And fingerlings are my fave. Will give this a try. [NT] - Traca - 5:38pm on 05/12/10
- Thanks for the notes Pat! I basted it maybe once during cooking time. [NT] - Traca - 5:35pm on 05/12/10
- Ditto, just once, and that was fine. [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:21pm on 05/12/10