Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Curious, how about smothered okra with tomatoes?
Joined: Jan 1, 2006
Posted to Thread #18204 at 11:05 am on May 12, 2010
This is a great side for fried catfish!
2 Tbsp butter
1 & ½ cups sliced onions
2 cups fresh sliced baby okra (about 1 pound)
1 large tomato, sliced
4 drops Tabasco
½ tsp dried basil
¼ tsp chives
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp sugar
Melt the butter in a large skillet of sauté pan over low heat. Add the onion and cook until soft and beginning to brown. Add the sliced okra and cook, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly. Cook slowly, stirring frequently, for five minutes longer, then cover the skillet tightly, lower the heat, and cook for 10 minutes. Serve very hot
Other messages in this thread:
- 18204. ISO: I bought fresh okra just because it looked so good. I want to use it in a jambalaya recipe - Curious1 - 9:18pm on 05/10/10 (4)
- Unless it is old & tough (big pods) cut up fresh okra will cook in just a few minutes. - Melissa Dallas - 10:58pm on 05/10/10
- Thanks Melissa, I may make a jar of pickles. I've found a recipe for a refrigerated version and - Curious1 - 11:58am on 05/11/10
- Curious, how about smothered okra with tomatoes? - MarkinHouston - 11:05am on 05/12/10
- This looks so good I hope I can find more fresh okra. Thanks Mark. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:35pm on 05/13/10