Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Try that again - yours and Janet's say to remove the choke before cooking? Isn't
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18209 at 2:09 am on May 13, 2010
that hard to do? It's at the bottom of all those tight leaves... can you do this when it's raw?
Thanks Barb and Pam too. Stuffing sounds yummy too.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18209. I've never cooked an artichoke in my life, I don't think... can I steam them, or what's the best - DawnNYS - 9:16pm on 05/11/10 (22)
- I think they're delicious braised alla Romana. If you have Marcella's Classic Italian or Essentials, [LINK] - Shaun in TO - 11:09pm on 05/11/10
- Here's what to do... - Janet in NC - 11:48pm on 05/11/10
- Janet , I love your suggestion of mayo mixed with a little curry, must be very tasty! [NT] - KarenNoCA - 12:09am on 05/12/10
- I add a little lemon juice to it . [NT] - Janet in NC - 1:32am on 05/12/10
- I've done it Janet's way and I've also steamed them--prepare like Janet says and place in a steam - Joe - 12:10am on 05/12/10
- Speaking of artichokes, here's a recipe I posted at the old Gails that's delicious...... - Janet in NC - 1:32am on 05/12/10
- Thank you for this explanation. I've never had luck with artichokes before [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:06am on 05/12/10
- Thanks for the recipe, Shaun, and the techniques, everyone. So basically, these - DawnNYS - 2:00am on 05/13/10
- There are other ways of doing them. Cut into wedges, then battered and fried. Or added raw to - Shaun in TO - 3:19pm on 05/13/10
- They can also be microwaved. - Pam - 12:50pm on 05/12/10
- this works perfectly. I love them with mayo mixed with a bit of tuscan italian dressing. [NT] - AngAk - 5:25pm on 05/12/10
- Unfortunately, I let my sis borrow my cookbook, but the recipe I use is stuffed with Sausage and - barb_b - 4:24pm on 05/12/10
- It was probably "The Frog Commissary". [NT] - rosie - 11:55pm on 05/12/10
- That's it!! Thanks Rosie [NT] - barb_b - 11:06am on 05/13/10
- Is this the recipe? [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 12:33pm on 05/13/10
- C1, that's is it! I usually only make 2 artichokes at a time. I also use any cheese, not always - barb_b - 5:35pm on 05/13/10
- Stuffed Artichokes - rosie - 12:23am on 05/13/10
- Yours and Janet [NT] - DawnNYS - 2:06am on 05/13/10
- Try that again - yours and Janet's say to remove the choke before cooking? Isn't - DawnNYS - 2:09am on 05/13/10
- Yes, you usually remove it beforehand. It's not hard -- once you cut off the top third or so, you - Shaun in TO - 3:14pm on 05/13/10
- Dawn, I don't remove the choke before cooking if they are to be eaten whole. The recipe I posted - Janet in NC - 12:24am on 05/14/10
- Now see, I had to pry the leaves apart to get the choke out of the large one. It came out easily tho - DawnNYS - 12:34am on 05/15/10