Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Wild Rice Baron....
Joined: Jan 22, 2006
Posted to Thread #18207 at 2:33 am on May 13, 2010
2 cups raw wild rice
4 cups water
2 tsp. salt
2 Lb. lean ground beef
1 Lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 cups sour cream
1 tsp. salt or to taste
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup slivered almonds (save some for garnish)
Gently cook rice in water with 2 tsp. salt (covered) for 45 minutes. Drain if necessary.
Brown ground beef, drain. Slice mushrooms and saute with onions and celery in butter for 5 minutes.
Combine soy sauce, sour cream, salt and pepper. Add cooked wild rice, beef, mushroom mixture and almonds. Toss lightly. Place in lightly greased, 3-qt. casserole.
Bake at 350 for about an hour, uncovered. Add water if needed and season to taste. Stir several times. Garnish with reserved almonds. Serves 12.
Can easily 1/2 recipe.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18207. I made a BOATLOAD of wild rice. Anything I can do with it besides just eat it as rice? [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:44pm on 05/11/10 (11)
- I enjoy it in soup, a chicken or ??? casserole? There is a bread recipe - Nan - 4:24pm on 05/11/10
- Use it in muffins as and add-in, in pancakes, as a morning cereal. . . - mistral - 5:37pm on 05/11/10
- Ooo! DH loves stuffed peppers. Anyone have a recipe? [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:16pm on 05/11/10
- So this is weird. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 6:31pm on 05/11/10
- stuff some zucchini with it, like the stuffed pepper filling [NT] - AngAk - 1:15am on 05/12/10
- Use some in this wonderful T&T wild rice salad - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:52pm on 05/11/10
- I have made something similar adding mandarin oranges and substituting OJ for the lemon juice - barb_b - 6:23pm on 05/11/10
- I've made these Wild Rice Meatloaves... [LINK] - judy-mass - 1:53am on 05/12/10
- Here's a salad for you, Amanda.... - MarkinHouston - 10:46am on 05/12/10
- Wild Rice Baron.... - cheri - 2:33am on 05/13/10
- yum, this sounds good! [NT] - AngAk - 5:48pm on 05/13/10