Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
And another good corn salad, this time using canned corn.
Joined: Dec 24, 2005
Posted to Thread #18216 at 12:25 pm on May 14, 2010
I confess that we grow our own sweet corn and freeze it, so I have good corn on hand year round. This salad, however, uses canned corn, and is another one that is better made the day before. Like the corn vinaigrette that I posted above, someone always asks for the recipe.
Rosellas Corn Salad
by Margie Brock
At first I wasn't sure I really liked this but after I ate it I wanted more and more. So apparently it grows on you. We have served this with all different kinds of entrees and it seems to be a favorite with everyone. — Feb 4, 2003
2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
3 tablespoons minced onions
2 tablespoons red bell peppers, minced
1/2 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
1 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
1 tablespoon vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
5 mins prep
1. Mix corn, onion, bell pepper, cheddar cheese and jalopena pepper well.
2. For the dressing: Mix the vinegar, sugar and mayonnaise and pour over the vegetable mixture.
3. Mix well and refrigerate for several hours.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18216. Need a side to go with pulled pork sandwiches - Kathleen - 12:12am on 05/14/10 (24)
- For an extra side dish, I'm thinking potatoes, as in potato salad. Maybe another type of dip for a - Meryl - 12:43am on 05/14/10
- Rec: Charred Corn Salsa. A corn salad that I loved using frozen corn. [LINK] - FloriSandy - 12:55am on 05/14/10
- For an appy, deviled eggs with a few lightly garnished with chives, bacon crumbs, or red onion [NT] - FloriSandy - 1:52am on 05/14/10
- deviled eggs? from you? isn't that a little creepy and cannibal-ish?? - AngAk - 5:35pm on 05/14/10
- Why I certainly don't make deviled duck eggs!! Yum, I like your idea of using dill [NT] - FloriSandy - 10:29pm on 05/14/10
- This is a great dessert - ultra easy and refreshing: Lemon Ice Cream Surprise [LINK] - Meryl - 2:14am on 05/14/10
- Yo Meryl! This is beginning to look like a dinner party you and I should crash. See ya there! [NT] - FloriSandy - 2:35am on 05/14/10
- Right on. Except I have one minor question: Where?! [NT] - Meryl - 2:51am on 05/14/10
- Meryl, I hate to bring this to your attention, but.... - FloriSandy - 3:14am on 05/14/10
- Psssst - Meryl. If she tells us the state she lives in, we'll find her! [NT] - FloriSandy - 3:19am on 05/14/10
- Eggxactly! Let's see if we can eggxtract the info from her. [NT] - Meryl - 3:26am on 05/14/10
- Eggxtract! I love it!! - a totally original egg word that's never been used here before!! (I think) [LINK] - FloriSandy - 3:45am on 05/14/10
- Uh oh - I slipped up. I guess you'll have to eggxpel me from the egghead crowd. [NT] - Meryl - 3:29am on 05/14/10
- Never! ! You'll ALWAYS be an egghead! (think coneheads from SNL - same thing!) [NT] - FloriSandy - 3:38am on 05/14/10
- How about this instead of coleslaw... REC: Broccoli Slaw (my favorite!) [LINK] - cheezz - 5:52am on 05/14/10
- It's probably not a popular answer, but I think you have enough already. You've got your pork and - Shaun in TO - 12:13pm on 05/14/10
- Here's a corn salad using frozen corn that I've made many times. - KC_ - 12:19pm on 05/14/10
- oh this sounds good! charring the corn would be nice too. printed. [NT] - AngAk - 5:37pm on 05/14/10
- And another good corn salad, this time using canned corn. - KC_ - 12:25pm on 05/14/10
- Thanks for all the advice - Kathleen - 1:10pm on 05/14/10
- Lol, Meryl and Sandy...you'd better start reading. [NT] - Curious1 - 1:33pm on 05/14/10
- I'm channeling Evelyn Wood for free lessons in speed reading! [NT] - FloriSandy - 10:40pm on 05/14/10
- Ha! [NT] - Meryl - 10:40pm on 05/14/10
- Quinoa Black Bean Salad - Sylvia - 10:06am on 05/15/10