Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
There are some excellent vegetarian sausages on the market, in our
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #18218 at 9:50 pm on May 15, 2010
Safeway they are next to the tofu/tempah etc. Cannot remember the brand now, but think "ranch is in there". There are breakfast, regular and spicy Italian and more. Grain based and yummy! and in the frozen breakfast area, Morningstar Farms are good.
However when I looked at the recipe I thought brown lentils with some onion, garlic, red peppers, thyme and ?? to replace the sausage? I am a recovering vegetarian, so that mode just kicks in?
Also thinking portabellos with sausage seasoning would fit?
Because of some meds, I can't make this now (must limit Vitamin K) but will report back with how it was, I am prepred to glow!
Thanks Traca, Hugs,
Other messages in this thread:
- 18218. Winter Greens Gratin - Traca - 1:10am on 05/14/10 (13)
- Sounds Amazing!!!!!!! [NT] - Nan - 3:12pm on 05/14/10
- This sounds really good. Is there anything vegetarian that I can use - Lana in FL - 7:24pm on 05/15/10
- There are some excellent vegetarian sausages on the market, in our - Nan - 9:50pm on 05/15/10
- Thank you - I had no idea that there were more options than hot dogs! [NT] - Lana in FL - 2:30am on 05/17/10
- It is called Lacinato kale in my neck of the woods, and is available in the organic section - KarenNoCA - 11:53pm on 05/15/10
- Also called Tuscan kale, black kale, cavolo nero, black cabbage, Tuscan cabbage. Look for - Shaun in TO - 1:11pm on 05/16/10
- Thanks, Karen and Shaun. I'll go on looking. [NT] - Lana in FL - 2:32am on 05/17/10
- You could even leave it out...maybe add some crushed red pepper for - Traca - 11:10pm on 05/16/10
- Trader Joe's. Sigh. They told me they were opening in Florida. Maybe. [NT] - Lana in FL - 2:32am on 05/17/10
- Wow. I can eat sausage, cream and cheese and still feel virtuous about the greens! [NT] - Joe - 11:53pm on 05/15/10
- A keeper! Made this last night to go with a pork roast. Thought it would be great as - Shaun in TO - 5:21pm on 05/17/10
- I made your Swiss chard gratin again last week and got more chard to make it this week. I love that [LINK] - Curious1 - 7:47pm on 05/17/10
- I totally agree. Love this kind of dish with a poached egg on top. Glad you liked it. [NT] - Traca - 5:40am on 05/18/10