Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18226 at 3:10 pm on May 16, 2010
I had a few hours to myself yesterday, so lunch was popcorn, a leftover artichoke, and diet Coke while watching a marathon of Lost episodes before the big finale coming up (sniff, sniff).
But before that, almost burned the house down yesterday when I pressed "potato" instead of "popcorn" on the new microwave. 'Turned my back for a seconds and brown smoke was billowing out of the back of the microwave and filled the kitchen - oh yikes.
I, too, have the "don't want to cook" blues but yet I find myself in the kitchen a lot, puttering, to avoid doing other things. What's with that.
Gotta weed out the herb garden and start again this year - nothing but lemon balm, chives, and mint (which you <i>can't</i> kill) are left in there.
I think I'll make nlb's chicken casserole for dinner tonight and see if I can burn the kitchen down the right way, today ;o) and I have to make a big tin of macaroni and cheese for a church event this week, so I'll have to do some cooking today.
Putting together a BBQ basket for a raffle this week. Any non-food item suggestions would be appreciated. I have - mitts, tongs, towel, wooden plank, tablecloth, charcoal, apron, ice pack thingies, sunblock, cookbook, Off, and a couple of backyard games... a few food items too - anything else to round it out?
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18226. Weekend Six - DawnNYS - 3:10pm on 05/16/10 (19)
- I'd love some recipe cards with good BBQ sauces, side dishes [NT] - lizzy - 3:20pm on 05/16/10
- Water spray bottle? Fancy wood chips? [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 4:24pm on 05/16/10
- Water bottle? Bottle of bubbles? neon glow sticks? [NT] - barb_b - 1:06am on 05/17/10
- Weekend Six - Heather_in_SF - 5:18pm on 05/16/10
- Best of luck on the job search. [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 5:58pm on 05/16/10
- I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I hope you'll find a job soon :-) [NT] - EvaN - 7:16pm on 05/16/10
- Fantastic! New Ferry Building Tour Guide! From Jim, Marianne's DH - Marianne - 1:17am on 05/17/10
- Oh my, isn't my DH, Jim, the sweetest hubby in the whole world.? How could a girl get any luckier? [NT] - Marianne - 1:43am on 05/17/10
- Thanks everyone, for your well wishes. - Heather_in_SF - 1:41pm on 05/17/10
- Good luck with the job search. Keep us posted. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:10am on 05/17/10
- Weekend Several - Luisa_Calif - 5:42pm on 05/16/10
- Proposed Book Club Menu (further suggestions/alternatives welcome) - Luisa_Calif - 5:54pm on 05/16/10
- What a fantastic menu Luisa! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 10:38pm on 05/16/10
- What about Pecan Sandies for the crust? - Dawn_MO - 10:37pm on 05/16/10
- I'll have to try those another time as I just bought the animal crackers and the Nillas [NT] - Luisa_Calif - 10:44pm on 05/16/10
- Weekend six - EvaN - 7:15pm on 05/16/10
- Odd combination! Although, the Vietnamese groceries here often have small bakeries - Melissa Dallas - 8:47pm on 05/16/10
- s'more ingredients. a broiling basket thingy where you can cook fish or shrimp or veggies - AngAk - 5:04am on 05/18/10
- Great! Love these ideas. [NT] - DawnNYS - 7:15pm on 05/18/10