Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Rec: Slaw Tartare
Joined: Dec 11, 2005
Posted to Thread #18232 at 2:28 am on May 18, 2010
This was very good as well. I sliced-down 6 cups of the cabbage roughly to 1/8 - 1/4" thick. I didn't brine it as I thought there was enough work involved and it would be consumed quickly.
Before folding in the dressing, I scooped a cup of cabbage out to reserve in case it wasn't needed. I was wrong and threw it back in. Only 6 TBS of my beloved Hellmann's mayo! This recipe was right on target with the scaling-down of mayo.
Both of these recipes were provided to me by Curious1.
Edited to say that I used 2 TBS of red wine vinegar in lieu of the sherry vinegar. I found it locally at $10.75 a bottle but nixed the idea (for now - lol).
Thanks again Curious!
Link: Slaw Tartare
Other messages in this thread:
- 18232. Here’s one of two delicious recipes I made last night. Rec: Shrimp Cakes [LINK] [IMAGE] - FloriSandy - 2:19am on 05/18/10 (5)
- Rec: Slaw Tartare [LINK] - FloriSandy - 2:28am on 05/18/10
- Wow, these look great!!! Send some over! [NT] - Meryl - 2:32am on 05/18/10
- both of these look wonderful! great pics too. [NT] - AngAk - 5:49am on 05/18/10
- You're Welcome, looks delicious. I see you enjoyed some of our Florida corn. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:30pm on 05/18/10
- Oh yum, I have been craving shrimp a lot lately, wonder what's in them that causes a craving?? these - Heather_in_SF - 3:11pm on 05/24/10