Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Michael in Phoenix||
Reminder from Dad: stay HYDRATED as the warm weather takes hold.
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18235 at 6:50 pm on May 19, 2010
My 14-year-old came home early from school recently, as the nurse called and told me he wasn't feeling well. He felt a little nauseated before leaving that morning, but nothing serious. He ate a small breakfast and went to school.
I made him drink two bottles of water when he got home. He did that, then fell asleep for 3 hours. He got up to answer nature's call. I heard a crash - bang - boom in the bathroom. When I got there he was out cold, on his back on the floor. He had hit the sink with his forehead and the back of his head on the tub.
I had to bring him to.
One ER visit, including a CAT scan, nausea medicine IV, two bags of electrolytes IV, EKG, chest X-ray, blood tests, etc., to determine that he was dehydrated.
He was fine the next morning and went to school a day after that.
Moral: Drink plenty of water during the day, and don't let it get away from you!
Human liberty is about courage, dignity, eternal truths, and personal responsibility. Star Parker
Other messages in this thread:
- 18235. Reminder from Dad: stay HYDRATED as the warm weather takes hold. - Michael in Phoenix - 6:50pm on 05/19/10 (10)
- Thanks Dad, I had a scary one several years ago. It was a super hot summer in Seattle ('04) was - Nan - 7:09pm on 05/19/10
- How Scary! I am glad he is OK... What a fright! Tx for the reminder. [NT] - barb_b - 8:31pm on 05/19/10
- Interesting. Thanks for the info. [NT] - Elenor - 8:38pm on 05/19/10
- Yup, happened to me in Boston - scorching hot - new experience I don't wish to repeat. [NT] - cheezz - 4:28am on 05/20/10
- (((DS))) [NT] - AngAk - 6:03pm on 05/20/10
- I head way down to Dallas next Tues. this Alaska girl is now afeared of the great heat. [NT] - AngAk - 6:04pm on 05/20/10
- Staying hydrated is the key, without a doubt. Also be mindful of sunscreen if you're outside a lot. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 7:05pm on 05/20/10
- i think I'm getting a spray-on tan---don't laugh! cocktail dressy wedding, bare legs--- - AngAk - 9:58pm on 05/20/10
- true.... for every cup of coffee, you're supposed to drink 2 glasses of water to compensate! [NT] - cheezz - 12:44am on 05/22/10
- AS an aside...coffe and beer do not rehydrate anyone, makes things worse...water is the answer. [NT] - joanietoo - 5:45pm on 05/21/10