Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Thanks Dad, I had a scary one several years ago. It was a super hot summer in Seattle ('04) was
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #18235 at 7:09 pm on May 19, 2010
in the shipyard getting a vessel ready for a job. In the yard many things aren't working and the AC wasn't.
Put in 14 hours or so, went to my stateroom, was only person on ship at the time.
Getting ready to shower and started to have chills and fever. First thought was, can not get sick now!!!!
Well some little voice was saying,"drink water dummy". I grabbed a gallon of water and proceeded to drink most of it. Feel asleep for 6-8 hours, did not wake up for anything!!!
Fine in the morning.
When working in the galley, keep a bottle there to remind me--glasses get knocked over.
One of my few line cook jobs, the bus people were told to make sure cooks always had a full pitcher of water.
This part is gross, sorry, but after a shift there one's shirt was stiff from the salt-ICK.
Drink up everyone,
Other messages in this thread:
- 18235. Reminder from Dad: stay HYDRATED as the warm weather takes hold. - Michael in Phoenix - 6:50pm on 05/19/10 (10)
- Thanks Dad, I had a scary one several years ago. It was a super hot summer in Seattle ('04) was - Nan - 7:09pm on 05/19/10
- How Scary! I am glad he is OK... What a fright! Tx for the reminder. [NT] - barb_b - 8:31pm on 05/19/10
- Interesting. Thanks for the info. [NT] - Elenor - 8:38pm on 05/19/10
- Yup, happened to me in Boston - scorching hot - new experience I don't wish to repeat. [NT] - cheezz - 4:28am on 05/20/10
- (((DS))) [NT] - AngAk - 6:03pm on 05/20/10
- I head way down to Dallas next Tues. this Alaska girl is now afeared of the great heat. [NT] - AngAk - 6:04pm on 05/20/10
- Staying hydrated is the key, without a doubt. Also be mindful of sunscreen if you're outside a lot. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 7:05pm on 05/20/10
- i think I'm getting a spray-on tan---don't laugh! cocktail dressy wedding, bare legs--- - AngAk - 9:58pm on 05/20/10
- true.... for every cup of coffee, you're supposed to drink 2 glasses of water to compensate! [NT] - cheezz - 12:44am on 05/22/10
- AS an aside...coffe and beer do not rehydrate anyone, makes things worse...water is the answer. [NT] - joanietoo - 5:45pm on 05/21/10