Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I have the same issue here with neighbors 2 and 3 houses down
Joined: Dec 17, 2005
Posted to Thread #18238 at 8:00 pm on May 20, 2010
When their pits are lit our house smells... I try not to use the AC - I love the open windows... but then they use their pits I end up running around the house to close the windows. They don't do it all that often so I don't complain... but I worry since we live in a wooded area and I fear sparks setting off the brush and leaves.
And I wonder - is "ornamental" burning such a good thing for the environment?
If you have allergies and such, it might not be a good thing, but then if you want the "fire" experience, why not fill with candles instead of logs. Get a bunch of pillar candles of various sizes (unscented). Would make a nice glow, no smoke - and you can even toast marshmallows over them!
Add a few citronella candles to that mix and you'll keep the buggies away while you're at it.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18238. Does anyone have any experience with a "fire pit?" I am ISO outdoor furn; found one I really - barb_b - 12:28pm on 05/20/10 (4)
- be areful of wind direction and smoke! We get a smokefilled house when neighbors up above have big - AngAk - 6:10pm on 05/20/10
- "careful" [NT] - AngAk - 6:10pm on 05/20/10
- I have the same issue here with neighbors 2 and 3 houses down - Tess - 8:00pm on 05/20/10
- Thanks everyone, appreciate the guidance and PMs... Off to check another place this am. [NT] - barb_b - 1:37pm on 05/21/10