Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.

Close
Tess

I have the same issue here with neighbors 2 and 3 houses down

Veteran Member
475 posts
Joined: Dec 17, 2005

Options

Posted to Thread #18238 at 8:00 pm on May 20, 2010

When their pits are lit our house smells... I try not to use the AC - I love the open windows... but then they use their pits I end up running around the house to close the windows. They don't do it all that often so I don't complain... but I worry since we live in a wooded area and I fear sparks setting off the brush and leaves.

And I wonder - is "ornamental" burning such a good thing for the environment?

If you have allergies and such, it might not be a good thing, but then if you want the "fire" experience, why not fill with candles instead of logs. Get a bunch of pillar candles of various sizes (unscented). Would make a nice glow, no smoke - and you can even toast marshmallows over them!

Add a few citronella candles to that mix and you'll keep the buggies away while you're at it.

Tess


Other messages in this thread: