Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I found a commercial kitchen finally!!! (long and rambling warning) REC: Feta Salsa
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18242 at 12:28 am on May 21, 2010
I have been searching for a commercial kitchen for weeks, and finally called the county health department yesterday. This was after Bub called me and told me that I had a message from someone answering my ad that I have been running for two weeks, looking for a commercial kitchen to rent. I was ecstatic. About a half hour later he called me with this dreadful sound to his voice. He told me that he accidentally deleted the voice mail and had called the phone company and been told that there was no way to retrieve the number.
I was sitting at the dining room table and sort of just staring. There was a little pamphlet sitting there and I mindlessly started looking through it. I saw the Andrew County Health Department in it, and on a whim called them and asked if they knew of any businesses that rented out their kitchens. She politely gave me three names and numbers of churches that do. I called two of them. One called back and said no, and one called back and said yes! It was the church that had the nicest person I had talked to and had explained my situation to. She called back within about two hours and told me that they would like to rent their kitchen to me for $25/week. That is unbelievably inexpensive and like I said, she was so nice.
I am so excited. This will not be my lunch delivery plan, but it is money coming in and getting my name out there. Today was a good day.
And if you have read through all of this, here is a little reward for you. I made this for the teacher's luncheon and it was a hit. I didn't have any parsley, used red onion instead of green, eased back a bit on the herbs, didn't have Kalamata olives so I used plain black ones and cut back on the olive oil. It was very good, but I think I would like some parsley in there at least for color. I don't know who to credit this for...sorry.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Recipe By :Yelton Bed and Breakfast
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Appetizers Dips
Formulating Recipes Moroccan
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 pound feta cheese -- crumbled
1 cup Greek olives -- pitted and chopped
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lime
6 scallions -- white and green
1 Tablespoon dried oregano
3/4 cup minced fresh parsley
2 Tablespoons dried dill
5 ripe tomatoes, peeled, -- seeded and chopped
Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Use quick on/off pulses so you can keep an eye on texture... keep it chunky
This salsa also keeps for quite a few days in the refrigerator, so it is very convenient to make a day ahead. Serve with triangles of fresh pita and enjoy! Makes: about 5 cups.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sometimes you just need to look reality in the eye, and deny it. �Garrison Keillor
Other messages in this thread:
- 18242. I found a commercial kitchen finally!!! (long and rambling warning) REC: Feta Salsa - Dawn_MO - 12:28am on 05/21/10 (10)
- Congratulations! I know this is a biggie for you. Go forth and prosper, Mo Dawn! [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 5:50am on 05/21/10
- Dawn, I can't tell you how happy I am for you!!! Been there, done that - FloriSandy - 8:51am on 05/21/10
- WOnderful News! I know how much time and energy you have put into your BP; and excited to see it - barb_b - 1:34pm on 05/21/10
- 'So happy and excited for you! I see another Martha Stewart in the making... - DawnNYS - 2:06pm on 05/21/10
- P.S. I love that website - so many good-sounding ideas [NT] [LINK] - DawnNYS - 2:19pm on 05/21/10
- Excellent news...good luck. [NT] - joanietoo - 2:47pm on 05/21/10
- Yaaaay..Sounds as though it was just meant to be. [NT] - Curious1 - 3:12pm on 05/21/10
- Yaaaay, indeed! [NT] - AngAk - 7:28pm on 05/21/10
- Great news -best of luck with this. [NT] - elaine - 6:00pm on 05/21/10
- Thanks everyone, I am so excited! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 3:53pm on 05/22/10