Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
One more question about my big dinner party tomorrow night
Joined: Apr 7, 2006
Posted to Thread #18247 at 8:35 pm on May 21, 2010
So, I am making pulled pork. Combining a Gretchen's recipe with one I have from Epi. Anyway, I am going to cook it overnight (which I have never done before and am a tad nervous about my oven being on while I sleep but it seems to be the best way). I will take it out in the am before leaving for Little League. Can I leave it to cool on the counter for the two hours I am at my son's game? If not, what should I do? Also, once I pull it, can I put it in a crock pot on warm til the dinner? Thought I would add some sauce to it.
If that does not make sense, what would you all suggest?
Other messages in this thread:
- 18247. One more question about my big dinner party tomorrow night - Kathleen - 8:35pm on 05/21/10 (7)
- If you are worried about the safety of cooling it at room temp for two hours, you could... - Michael in Phoenix - 10:55pm on 05/21/10
- Pulling it into chunks would have the added benefit of allowing you to check... - Michael in Phoenix - 12:05am on 05/22/10
- Could you reduce the cooking temp a few degrees and leave it until you return from the game? [NT] - Curious1 - 1:21am on 05/22/10
- I would turn the oven off (or leave it on very low) & leave it in there - Music City Missy - 2:37am on 05/22/10
- So, I took Michael's suggestion but have one more question... - Kathleen - 12:29pm on 05/22/10