Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
I tried this one and just didn't get it! I read so many good things about it...
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #18250 at 2:24 am on May 23, 2010
We were totally underwhelmed with the dish. It smelled fab when it was marinating, but the cooked dish just didn't do it for us.
It was a long time ago, and I really want to try it again, since so many people just love this dish. Maybe I did something wrong the last time!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18250. Question of the Day/Week: What recipe sounds absolutely horrid but when you tried it. . . - mistral - 8:07pm on 05/22/10 (15)
- Chicken Marbella from the Silver Palate Cookbook. - EvaN - 8:18pm on 05/22/10
- Bingo! [NT] - Traca - 2:19am on 05/23/10
- I tried this one and just didn't get it! I read so many good things about it... - Sandi in Hawaii - 2:24am on 05/23/10
- I agree Sandy. It was perfectly acceptable but that's all. [NT] - elaine - 3:35am on 05/23/10
- Same for me...when I walked into our neighbors home and that wonderful smell hit me in the face - KarenNoCA - 5:05pm on 05/23/10
- Oh thank God someone said it! I don't get the fascination w/ this recipe. [NT] - Traca - 7:55pm on 05/23/10
- The first time I made it, it was horrible! But since so many were oooh-ing and awww-ing over it, - EvaN - 9:43pm on 05/23/10
- Pineapple cheese casserole [LINK] - MariaDNoCA - 9:22pm on 05/22/10
- My aunt made one similar to this when I was a child. Her recipe used soft bread crumbs. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:51pm on 05/23/10
- This seems to be essentially a pineapple cheesecake that is served . . . - mistral - 4:34pm on 05/23/10
- Chicken in Red Wine Vinegar posted by Charlie.... even picky DH loved it! [LINK] - cheezz - 3:50am on 05/23/10
- I would not say horrid.... [LINK] - SallyBR - 12:24pm on 05/23/10
- You all are so brave. If it sounds horrid to me, I don't make it. I have so many that sound - Curious1 - 12:49pm on 05/23/10
- I would never make it without some kind of endorsement... - SallyBR - 2:12pm on 05/23/10
- Let us know when you make it. Btw, I'm looking forward to making your Hoisin-Explosion chicken. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 3:41pm on 05/24/10