Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Barbara in VA||
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #18252 at 1:03 pm on May 23, 2010
1. My weekend started Thursday evening when I got home from work. I was assigned a red velvet cake as dessert for Friday night Prom Dinner for 14 kids. Prom is so expensive for the kids my friend volunteered her home for dinner. Not having any kids of my own it was a great honor to be asked. I made a test cake earlier in the week and the young lady hosting the dinner approved (school colors are red and white). Can't tell you how much fun I had helping! We had 7 adult servers so we plated dinner in the kitchen, each took two plates and served the entire crowd at once. They had a great time.
2.Dinner at home last night was Shrimp Cakes with Diavolo Sauce from the Cuisine Tonight Menus book. It turned out far better than expected. Pencil thin roasted asparagus, fresh from the farmers market, was a perfect accompaniment.
3. Dessert was Minted Strawberry Shortcakes. Strawberries were also from the farmers market and the mint from my herb garden. DH asked for seconds! (recipe from Fine Cooking).
4. Breakfast this morning is supposed to be scrambled TURKEY eggs! Obviously turkeys lay eggs but I never really thought about them doing so. The egg man had turkey eggs so I had to buy some just for the novelty. He said they taste just like chicken eggs. They are light brown with speckles and a bit larger than a jumbo chicken egg. I was going to scramble up a couple and serve them with some left over asparagus from dinner last night.
5. Picnic planned for this afternoon and I'm bringing the baked beans (from Epicurious) and the beet and orange salad I posted earlier. Unfortunately it started raining yesterday afternoon, sever thunderstorms over night and rain for the next two days! Guess we will be picnicing indoors!
6. Morning bike ride cancelled due to the above mentioned rain :( I was really looking forward to it too.
Have a great weekend-or what's left of it!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18252. My weekend six - DawnNYS - 12:49am on 05/23/10 (16)
- My Weekend Six [LINK] - Traca - 2:18am on 05/23/10
- Oh my, love the John Besh report!! And a new Boy Friend!!! (((((HUGS))))) [NT] - Nan - 1:55am on 05/24/10
- Traca, I noticed your posts have been awfully cheery lately ;-) - Joe - 2:02am on 05/24/10
- Traca, how lovely! You've been doing amazing things lately - so excited for you! - Heather_in_SF - 3:02pm on 05/24/10
- Joe, thanks for the tip on platters. Also, did you see this new-to-me book I got called [LINK] - Traca - 4:50am on 05/25/10
- clapclapclap and a little cheer! [NT] - AngAk - 8:18pm on 06/02/10
- Weekend Six? - Barbara in VA - 1:03pm on 05/23/10
- Turkey eggs? How were they? My friend had a goose & used to eat the eggs. So big, 1 was perfect. [NT] - Traca - 4:47pm on 05/23/10
- Hi Traca! The turkey eggs were obviously larger, the shells were a bit thicker, - Barbara in VA - 12:44pm on 05/24/10
- I've got the perfect apron for you, - Pat-NoCal - 1:25pm on 05/23/10
- Thank you, Pat... PM'd you just now [NT] - DawnNYS - 4:01am on 05/24/10
- Burgers sound good, you just made my dinner descision for me. - Dawn_MO - 2:31pm on 05/23/10
- Weekend Six - Dawn_MO - 2:46pm on 05/23/10
- My Weekend Six - EvaN - 10:07pm on 05/23/10
- Eva, when you get back home why don't you post a stand alone post - orchid - 11:44pm on 05/23/10
- Great idea, orchid. I'll certainly do that! :-) [NT] - EvaN - 7:03am on 05/24/10