Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My Weekend Six
Joined: Feb 5, 2006
Posted to Thread #18252 at 10:07 pm on May 23, 2010
1. Today is my last day at my summer house before I go back home. I haven't cooked for ten days (making my morning cereal doesn't count as cooking, does it?)
2. We went to this very unusual restaurant yesterday. They served French Flambees, which I have never heard of before. It was almost like a pizza, but with a very thin bottom, and the filling/sauce were only made of creme fraiche with herbs and onion. Then she added ham (for DH) and chopped green olives for me as a topping. It tasted great, and we are definitely going back there again some time. She said that this dish is little known outside of the Straasbourg area, but I'm definitely looking into this once I'm back home.
3. I went bananas at my local mustard place (a local farmer here makes his own mustard and sells it at his farm) and bought too much mustard (my mom taught me to buy one in every color when I found something I like. Does that qualify for mustards too?) I desperately need recipes that uses mustard now, or I will have to consider selling some of it on the black market. Is that illegal, btw? *LOL*
4. There is a cafe here that offers cake buffets and a can of coffee for only $10. It's the work of evil. Really, it is.
5. There is also a chocolatiere only two miles from my house. The cafe and the chocolatiere does nothing for my weight. Or rather, they do a lot! *LOL*
6. I think the restaurants here have become better at offering vegetarian options. I have been able to eat vegetarian the entire week ( actually for the 10 days) we have been here. Not only have they put a vegetarian dish on their menu, the vegetarian options have really been great. Great as in a culinary experience. I can't wait to go back here in six weeks (when my summer holiday starts) to explore some more.
7. I found a great French brie at a cheese store here that has garlic and herbs mixed in. It tastes awesome! It's from Réverénd, which is a mainstreen cheese company if I'm not mistaken. This cheese was really good. If you can find it in your store, I hope you'll try it.
"I Love Cooking With Wine. Sometimes I Even Put It In The Food."
Other messages in this thread:
- 18252. My weekend six - DawnNYS - 12:49am on 05/23/10 (16)
- My Weekend Six [LINK] - Traca - 2:18am on 05/23/10
- Oh my, love the John Besh report!! And a new Boy Friend!!! (((((HUGS))))) [NT] - Nan - 1:55am on 05/24/10
- Traca, I noticed your posts have been awfully cheery lately ;-) - Joe - 2:02am on 05/24/10
- Traca, how lovely! You've been doing amazing things lately - so excited for you! - Heather_in_SF - 3:02pm on 05/24/10
- Joe, thanks for the tip on platters. Also, did you see this new-to-me book I got called [LINK] - Traca - 4:50am on 05/25/10
- clapclapclap and a little cheer! [NT] - AngAk - 8:18pm on 06/02/10
- Weekend Six? - Barbara in VA - 1:03pm on 05/23/10
- Turkey eggs? How were they? My friend had a goose & used to eat the eggs. So big, 1 was perfect. [NT] - Traca - 4:47pm on 05/23/10
- Hi Traca! The turkey eggs were obviously larger, the shells were a bit thicker, - Barbara in VA - 12:44pm on 05/24/10
- I've got the perfect apron for you, - Pat-NoCal - 1:25pm on 05/23/10
- Thank you, Pat... PM'd you just now [NT] - DawnNYS - 4:01am on 05/24/10
- Burgers sound good, you just made my dinner descision for me. - Dawn_MO - 2:31pm on 05/23/10
- Weekend Six - Dawn_MO - 2:46pm on 05/23/10
- My Weekend Six - EvaN - 10:07pm on 05/23/10
- Eva, when you get back home why don't you post a stand alone post - orchid - 11:44pm on 05/23/10
- Great idea, orchid. I'll certainly do that! :-) [NT] - EvaN - 7:03am on 05/24/10