Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Sandi in Hawaii||
Have you ever made homemade mayonnaise? What to do if it doesn't emulsify??
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #18259 at 4:44 am on May 24, 2010
I tried it a couple of times. The first time it came out perfect, the next two times, it didn't emulsify. AT ALL. Looked like white oil.
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups canola oil
Place the eggs, lemon juice, and salt into a blender. Blend, then add in the oil slowly until emulsified.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18259. Have you ever made homemade mayonnaise? What to do if it doesn't emulsify?? - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:44am on 05/24/10 (9)
- Sandi, Here is a wonderful tutorial by Julia Child with recipes....have made it and it is wonderful. [LINK] - GayR - 12:28pm on 05/24/10
- Thank you Gay - the link was extremely helpful! I'll definitely try it again! [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:33am on 05/25/10
- Sandi, mayonnaise won't emulsify if the eggs are cold, or if there is a thunderstorm. The French say - Joe - 2:47pm on 05/24/10
- So are we shopping for baby gifts, or what?! :) [NT] - cheezz - 9:32pm on 05/24/10
- I think so. Twice in a row sounds pretty certain. [NT] - Joe - 12:34am on 05/25/10
- Ha. Ha ha. Ha ha ha. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!! - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:31am on 05/25/10