Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Heather...Notes on the Urban Italian Kitchen
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #18263 at 4:43 am on May 25, 2010
Hey Heather, I cooked out of the Urban Italian Kitchen for my clients today and all but one recipe I tried was a knock out.
- Chicken cacciatore
- Lamb ragu
- Polenta (I addded a boatload more cheese, personal preference.)
- Marinated chicken, which uses a roasted garlic vinaigrette.
My only dud was the olive and orange topping for the swordfish dish. Sorry, don't remember the exact name. I made the topping and wasn't wowed. Ended up throwing that in the garbage without going any further.
I had only cooked a couple recipes in that book before I did my write up on it. After today, I'm certainly looking forward to cooking from it some more. Now that I'm digging into it, I see how he adds all these great tips and tricks that are really insightful. I like this book even more now that I've been cooking up a storm lately.
What all have you made from the book? Anything I should zero in on as a favorite?
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 18263. Heather...Notes on the Urban Italian Kitchen - Traca - 4:43am on 05/25/10 (5)
- I love his Crumbs YO and his basic tomato sauce, that's my go-to recipe now. - Heather_in_SF - 6:07pm on 05/25/10
- I need to make my peace with "Crumbs Yo." Stupid name, have refused to make it. :) [NT] - Traca - 7:58pm on 05/25/10
- Am I the only one who's 'curious'? Both recipes here... [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 8:50pm on 05/25/10
- Great treasure trove of recipes there. Thanks! I made this chicken dish for my clients. [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 2:55pm on 05/26/10
- What a great site! Just what I needed, another site to get lost in. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 1:36pm on 05/27/10