Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
HELP! ISO very basic picnic food ideas
Joined: Nov 26, 2007
Posted to Thread #18274 at 2:55 pm on May 27, 2010
My MIL's birthday is Saturday and we're going to have a picnic to celebrate. My husband has put me in charge of making food for this picnic. (He told me today, so I basically have Friday night to get everything ready.)
My MIL is NOT a food person. She only likes very basic food, nothing fancy. I found Meryl's list of picnic foods by Mark Bittman--I loved it but most of it is too elaborate for my MIL.
But now that I think about it, Barb's chicken salad that she posted yesterday in my baby shower post would probably be good. We could do that with rolls, and I could make Traca's fruit salad. In fact, perhaps I should just turn this into a trial run for the baby shower menu. I think she'd be okay with all those recipes. I had already said I'd make her a chocolate cake, so that's already planned.
Ok, now I feel better. Just need to make a list and send my husband to the store. Now we just need to find a park...
Other messages in this thread:
- 18274. HELP! ISO very basic picnic food ideas - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:55pm on 05/27/10 (13)
- Basic cole slaw holds well in the refrigerator overnight. [NT] - BobbiJoAZ - 3:17pm on 05/27/10
- Sounds like you've got it under control, but some other ideas might be - DawnNYS - 3:19pm on 05/27/10
- Speaking of cold chicken, these oven-baked drumsticks are wonderful [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 3:22pm on 05/27/10
- I love this kind of chicken. Here is another similar one from Jane Brody - Dawn_MO - 4:57pm on 05/27/10
- I always wondered... why do they say that chicken thighs must be - DawnNYS - 2:12pm on 05/28/10
- I know the breasts cook in half the time, but don't know why... must be density [NT] - cheezz - 10:54pm on 05/28/10
- Ooo--watermelon. Good idea. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:31pm on 05/27/10
- Chopped salad stuffed in large cooked pasta shells - MoNJ - 5:03pm on 05/27/10
- Deviled eggs... potato salad.... lemonade. Yes MoNJ - the chopped salad in shells sound good! [NT] - cheezz - 10:03pm on 05/27/10
- Oh, lemonade. Yes, indeedy. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 10:20pm on 05/27/10
- late, but this overnight slaw is always a winner and great for do ahead - AngAk - 7:56pm on 06/02/10
- Well, we ended up with cold cut sandwiches. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:48pm on 06/03/10
- Dontcha love it?! I hate when I get all these great ideas than someone puts a kabosh on it [NT] - cheezz - 9:47pm on 06/03/10