Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Hi everyone! I've missed you!!!!!!!!!! And I hereby put a POX on BestBuy's Virus Protection!
Joined: Dec 12, 2005
Posted to Thread #18281 at 2:41 pm on May 29, 2010
My goodness. It's been forever since I've been able to post. My 1-year old computer became infected with a creepy/crawly virus...and how odd, I thought...because I PAY YEARLY FOR VIRUS PROTECTION FROM BEST BUY, SO WHY DID THIS HAPPEN!!!
Stifle yourself, woman.
Anyway...the Geek Squad wasn't very efficient either. They couldn't find my contract online, even thought I had it there IN MY HAND. Then they complained that I hadn't brought my power cord in with the computer WHEN I WAS TOLD NOT TO! And so it sat for 2 weeks untouched. EVEN THOUGHT THEY HAD BOXES OF THE SAME COMPUTER SITTING THERE 20 FEET AWAY. ALL WITH POWER CORDS!
I'm not sure a POX is strong enough to vent my frustration.
And then, even though we got a store manager involved, they STILL CHARGED ME $230 TO SAVE MY DATA AND REMOVE THE VIRUSES. FOR WHICH, LET ME REPEAT....I PAY YEARLY FOR PROTECTION AGAINST GETTING!
Then there's work. This is the first day that I'm sitting in my house...in daylight...for over 70 days. Our software application for the British military is in the full throes of System Integration and Test and we're all working obscene hours. Many nights I've been at work so late that I just get a hotel room at midnight. It's nights like that that make me want to get one of our young software developers and get them to slip code into one of the tank's and have it POINT TOWARD BEST BUY!
So...that's how I am. Mostly just tired and cranky. Haven't baked/cooked anything in months.
In fact, I'm learning Pavlovian reactions to the microwave dinging in 5:88 min/seconds (yes...the 5 and 8 buttons are the only ones working on our work microwave) for Lean Cuisine's Shrimp Alfredo. One misses the joy of eating a meal that doesn't have to have plastic peeled off first, and eat off of a real plate with silverware that doesn't twang if you bend it.
PS: I still can't access this site at work, so PMs will--sadly--not be answered promptly. Since I'm always at work lately.
Jesus saves. Buddha recycles.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18281. What is everyone doing and or making for this holiday weekend? [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 11:20pm on 05/28/10 (19)
- Will be baking something.... - lizzy - 11:38pm on 05/28/10
- Angel food cake with berries? [NT] - orchid - 12:02am on 05/29/10
- My husband's birthday is Sunday, and I'm baking his favorite cake from Chocolatier. [NT] [LINK] [IMAGE] - Meryl - 11:58pm on 05/28/10
- Tomorrow is picnic for MIL's birthday. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 12:41am on 05/29/10
- Hi everyone! I've missed you!!!!!!!!!! And I hereby put a POX on BestBuy's Virus Protection! - MarilynFL - 2:41pm on 05/29/10
- (((Marilyn))) [NT] - PatBastrop - 3:31pm on 05/29/10
- (((Marilyn))) I'm glad it's lean cuisine and not ramen noodles---take care of yourself! [NT] - AngAk - 7:35pm on 06/02/10
- Mar, you've been dearly missed. It's so good to hear from you. [NT] - FloriSandy - 4:34pm on 05/29/10
- Marilyn, as I've told you before, you are what makes this group what it is. Tight hugs, Marsha [NT] - Marsha tbay - 4:36pm on 05/29/10
- You can boil soup in 58 seconds ;o) 'Miss you too! [NT] - DawnNYS - 6:00pm on 05/29/10
- Hi Mar, good to hear from you! [NT] - Dawn_MO - 9:33pm on 05/29/10
- Amanda's menu makes me feel like going on a picnic. Maybe. Definately hamburgs and hot dogs on - DawnNYS - 6:06pm on 05/29/10
- I am making Sally/BR Oven-Fried Chicken . REC: Sally's Sort of Oven-Fried Chicken - Dawn_MO - 8:46pm on 05/29/10
- We absolutely NEED to make this soon... - SallyBR - 10:03pm on 05/30/10
- German Chocolate Cake with Coconut Pecan Filling (CI, Jan 2005) - cheezz - 2:09am on 05/31/10
- My mom used to make a German Chocolate Cake from scratch - Dawn_MO - 1:02pm on 05/31/10
- I have it out of the oven cooling right now - and the filling chilling :) Smells heavenly [NT] - cheezz - 9:44pm on 05/31/10
- Last night was the baby back ribs with espresso bbq sauce from Epi that's been mentioned here. With [LINK] - Curious1 - 7:59pm on 06/01/10
- LOVE those ribs!! [NT] - MoNJ - 12:58pm on 06/02/10