Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Well, we ended up with cold cut sandwiches.
Joined: Nov 26, 2007
Posted to Thread #18274 at 7:48 pm on Jun 3, 2010
I did at least make egg salad, so it felt a little fancier. My DH took a look at my picnic menu and determined my MIL wouldn't like any of it. So ham, turkey, and cheese sandwiches. I just kept reminding myself that it was about what makes her happy, not me. We did have fruit salad and chocolate chip cookies, and I made a basil, tomato, and mozzarella salad that was fabulous. So everyone was happy.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18274. HELP! ISO very basic picnic food ideas - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:55pm on 05/27/10 (13)
- Basic cole slaw holds well in the refrigerator overnight. [NT] - BobbiJoAZ - 3:17pm on 05/27/10
- Sounds like you've got it under control, but some other ideas might be - DawnNYS - 3:19pm on 05/27/10
- Speaking of cold chicken, these oven-baked drumsticks are wonderful [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 3:22pm on 05/27/10
- I love this kind of chicken. Here is another similar one from Jane Brody - Dawn_MO - 4:57pm on 05/27/10
- I always wondered... why do they say that chicken thighs must be - DawnNYS - 2:12pm on 05/28/10
- I know the breasts cook in half the time, but don't know why... must be density [NT] - cheezz - 10:54pm on 05/28/10
- Ooo--watermelon. Good idea. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 3:31pm on 05/27/10
- Chopped salad stuffed in large cooked pasta shells - MoNJ - 5:03pm on 05/27/10
- Deviled eggs... potato salad.... lemonade. Yes MoNJ - the chopped salad in shells sound good! [NT] - cheezz - 10:03pm on 05/27/10
- Oh, lemonade. Yes, indeedy. [NT] - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 10:20pm on 05/27/10
- late, but this overnight slaw is always a winner and great for do ahead - AngAk - 7:56pm on 06/02/10
- Well, we ended up with cold cut sandwiches. - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 7:48pm on 06/03/10
- Dontcha love it?! I hate when I get all these great ideas than someone puts a kabosh on it [NT] - cheezz - 9:47pm on 06/03/10