Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I just posted this and I lost connection! So I guess I'll do it all over again.
Joined: Dec 15, 2005
Posted to Thread #18633 at 9:33 pm on Jul 16, 2010
I said it was pronounced Leechee and I wanted to get an audio for you to hear. This is what I found. Click on the link and you will see two audio thingies. Listen to them both and then laugh.
Link: Too Funny!
Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18633. How do you pronounce "Lychee" as in the Asian fruit. This woman at the - DawnNYS - 9:01pm on 07/16/10 (8)
- My neighbor has a tree and pronounces it Leechee [NT] - Marsha tbay - 9:24pm on 07/16/10
- I just posted this and I lost connection! So I guess I'll do it all over again. [LINK] - orchid - 9:33pm on 07/16/10
- yes, orchid, quite funny.... so both pronunciations are correct! [NT] - cheezz - 12:39am on 07/17/10
- Every one here calls it lai-chee! lee-chee sounds funny, and lee-chee nut is even worse! - Sandi in Hawaii - 12:30am on 07/17/10
- Yes, everyone here on Kauai too- lai-chee. [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:57am on 07/17/10
- I've always pronounced it leechee also... Websters says: lē'chē [NT] - cheezz - 12:36am on 07/17/10
- oops.... guess the system doesn't like Websters :).... basically, Websters says "leechee" [NT] - cheezz - 12:37am on 07/17/10
- I say leechee and want to say that they grow beautifully from the seed. Try it. [NT] - elaine - 12:59pm on 07/17/10