Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Help with biscotti, please bakers. I bought a lovely little appertiser book as a gift and thought
Joined: Apr 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #18700 at 7:02 pm on Jul 30, 2010
to try a recipe or two before giving it away. Glad I did! I started with a savoury biscotti recipe that is far too crumbly, tasty though it is.
I am not such a great baker that I can work out the problem.
Here is the recipe.
Sun-Dried Tomato and Walnut Biscotti.
Beat 1/4 cup butter till smooth and creamy.
Add 2 lightly beaten eggs gradually.
(it was very liquid then)
Sift and fold in: 1 cup self-raising flour and 1/4 cup corn meal.
Stir in 2oz drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
Form into 7 x 3 inch loaves and bake on lightly greased and floured baking sheets at 350* for 20 mins
Slice with serrated knife into 1/2 inch thick slices (they are very crumbly)
Bake 10 mins more (they are extremely crumbly and in my mind far too cornmealy)
Have I messed? What could I do to make them less crumbly. Could I add less cornmeal and add more s-raising flour. Use more butter?
I'll try a few more recipes and hope that they turn out better.
Wine does not make you fat, it makes you lean/against walls, tables, chairs, floors and ugly people.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18700. Help with biscotti, please bakers. I bought a lovely little appertiser book as a gift and thought - joanietoo - 7:02pm on 07/30/10 (7)
- Use a bit more flour and perhaps bake them a little longer the first time. Let cool a bit - Joe - 7:12pm on 07/30/10
- Thank you Joe. You are a star......can you hlep with the next post?? [NT] - joanietoo - 7:21pm on 07/30/10
- hlep, shlep, schelp chelp OH...Well...help! [NT] - joanietoo - 7:22pm on 07/30/10
- Sorry Jaonie, other than teasing you about meetups with French sailors, I don't think I can help. - Joe - 8:41pm on 07/30/10
- I have a good recipe for Cornmeal-Almond Biscotti - not savory but nice. Let me know if you want it. [NT] - Janet in NC - 9:27pm on 07/30/10
- Janet, here is the one I use by Richard Sax. [NT] [LINK] - Joe - 11:24pm on 07/30/10
- Mine, from "Once Upon A Tart" is almost the same, just increased amounts to make more. [NT] - Janet in NC - 1:35am on 07/31/10