Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My weekend six
Joined: Dec 19, 2005
Posted to Thread #18711 at 6:24 pm on Aug 2, 2010
Last weekend for my Dad's visit. went to the practice Air Show on the Air Force Base on Friday. sad time for our Air Force "family" with the crash of the C17 this week.
the Blue Angels are still parked on the tarmac outside my office building. I love me some Air Show stuff!
Made 2 plum cakes(Marian Burros recipe) with Splenda and used a 9 inch pie plate. I find that baking with Splenda makes things drier than normal. I add a few tablespoons of sugar to the mix to help with browning and just for a bit of real sugar taste. maybe I should add some yogurt or sour cream for more moisture. they were good anyway, and more of a coffeecake than a dessert.
Saturday night baseball banquet at the University food service hall. A bit disappointed that they served frozen chicken cordon bleu. desserts were lovely though. apple tart and marble cheesecakes.
Put Dad on the plane for Chicago Sunday morning. I packed a small tote with lunch and magazines and his medicine---and yes, he forgot it on the plane. Alaska Airlines called me last night because of the medicine. We'll work it out today.
Back to work today after 2 weeks off, but I'm so very tired.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain
Other messages in this thread:
- 18711. My weekend six - elaine - 3:50pm on 08/01/10 (6)
- My weekend six - Dawn_MO - 4:30pm on 08/01/10
- Dawn, for the combo beef/pork this is very good: - Melissa Dallas - 8:08pm on 08/01/10
- A local Mom and Pops place that we go to sometimes - DawnNYS - 10:18pm on 08/01/10
- If quiches can be frozen, I would think that Stratas would be fine too. [NT] - AngAk - 6:06pm on 08/02/10
- Mmm, plum pie sounds great! My Blueberry Six started [LINK] - DawnNYS - 10:33pm on 08/01/10
- My weekend six - AngAk - 6:24pm on 08/02/10