Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
REC Peach/Brie Biscuits
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #18729 at 2:14 pm on Aug 4, 2010
I don't particularly like refrigerated biscuits, but these could easily be made with homemade ones:
Source - Pillsbury.com
Prep Time: 40 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Makes: 12 appetizers
6 Pillsbury® Grands!® mini frozen buttermilk biscuits (from 21.2 oz bag)
4 oz. brie cheese, rind removed, cut into 12 (1 x ˝ -inch) pieces
1/3 cup peach preserves
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts
1. Bake biscuits as directed on bag; cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
2. Split biscuits horizontally. Place on cookie sheet. Place one piece cheese on each biscuit half.
3. In small bowl, break up peach preserves; blend with lemon juice and cinnamon; spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350 F. for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is softened.
1 Appetizer: Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4 1/2g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g); Protein 3g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 0% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.Substitution
Substitute your favorite flavor chutney for the preserves, lemon juice and cinnamon. The walnuts add a nice crunch to these bites, but they can easily be omitted if desired.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 18729. REC Peach/Brie Biscuits - DawnNYS - 2:14pm on 08/04/10 (8)
- And another: REC Mexican Stuffed-Pepper Biscuit Tostadas - DawnNYS - 2:25pm on 08/04/10
- Have you tried either of these? I'm interested in the Peach/Brie combo. Thanks for sharing! [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 4:39pm on 08/04/10
- Not yet, but I'm going to tomorrow morning. I have a lot of fresh peaches, so - DawnNYS - 2:47am on 08/05/10
- Rose, I'm assuming you're in Georgia. I bought almost 6# of Georgia - orchid - 2:58am on 08/05/10
- Yes, I'm down here in South Georgia. We grow more peanuts and peas than peaches around here though. [NT] - GeorgiaRose - 2:26pm on 08/05/10
- The bells we get here are HUGE so I couldn't picture this... found a picture online >> [LINK] - cheezz - 10:22pm on 08/04/10
- sounds like they cut them up and par-cook them. thanks for the link. [NT] - AngAk - 11:24pm on 08/04/10
- Have you seen the baby bell peppers in all colors? Sam's/Costco carries them. Could be halved. [NT] - Curious1 - 6:09pm on 08/05/10