Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Coriander Chutney and Green Marsala
Joined: Apr 17, 2006
Posted to Thread #18721 at 7:40 pm on Aug 4, 2010
1 bunch Dhania (fresh corianer)
1 tomato cut into wedges
1tsp cumin seeds / jeero
½ tsp salt
½ tsp green masala
½ tsp garlic minced
1 TBL lemon juice
1 TBL brown vinegar.
Wash leaves of coriander (roots removed)
Liquidize all ingredients to a puree.
Variation: 1 cup of mint instead of coriander
Use fresh long green chillies
100g green chillies
50g fresh root ginger
6 tsp salt
3 TBL cooking oil
½ tsp tumeric
Wash chillies and lop off tops
Scrape the skin off the ginger
Process chillies, garlic and ginger to a fine paste adding a little oil if necessary to process.
Remove from processor and stir in salt, tumeric and rest of oil.
Can be refrigerated up to 8 weeks.
Wine does not make you fat, it makes you lean/against walls, tables, chairs, floors and ugly people.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18721. Spice Goddess on the new Cooking Channel - Richard in Cincy - 3:14pm on 08/03/10 (28)
- REC: Potato Parathas from the Spice Goddess - Richard in Cincy - 3:23pm on 08/03/10
- REC: Southern Indian Coconut Curry Chicken - Richard in Cincy - 3:29pm on 08/03/10
- that 'asafoetida' sounded interesting, so had to look it up (never heard of it!) >> [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 4:25am on 08/04/10
- the sambar sounded interesting too... here's a recipe to make your own - cheezz - 4:29am on 08/04/10
- the asafoetida is rather stinky - Richard in Cincy - 3:30pm on 08/04/10
- Ah, but did you USE it after finding it to be stinky? - CathyZ from Kauai - 10:05pm on 08/04/10
- ooh, Cathy, could you post your naan recipe?! [NT] - cheezz - 10:11pm on 08/04/10
- REC: Spicy Dal Soup - Richard in Cincy - 3:29pm on 08/03/10
- Off to the Indian Grocery for spice shopping. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 3:30pm on 08/03/10
- It is a good show, I like it too. I wish I had "customers" for Indian cuisine. :( [NT] - MoNJ - 5:36pm on 08/03/10
- Have you tried it on them? Who can resist a beautiful samosa or pakora?! [NT] - cheezz - 5:48pm on 08/03/10
- DH is pretty stubborn!! And he hates spicy, hot, cumin, cliantro..... sigh - MoNJ - 8:59pm on 08/03/10
- "too fancy"... I've got some of those - just don't cook for 'em *g* Pakoras can be pretty safe. - cheezz - 9:06pm on 08/03/10
- Just finished this dinner---*******WOW********** - Richard in Cincy - 1:02am on 08/04/10
- I can hardly wait to try them. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 2:06am on 08/04/10
- So good to hear you liked your dinner Richard. Curry leaves are hard to find and very delicious. I - FloriSandy - 6:53am on 08/04/10
- Thanks for the info... - Richard in Cincy - 3:13pm on 08/04/10
- Richard, I wonder if a curry plant would thrive in your garden?? [NT] - AngAk - 5:45pm on 08/04/10
- Ang, I've been looking for one. I bring my tropicals - Richard in Cincy - 6:37pm on 08/04/10
- Richard, your menu sounds wonderful! You should put it in the menu section. You post wonderful rec's - barb_b - 4:57pm on 08/04/10
- You should have seen the kitchen after I was finished! LOL Thanks Barb. [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 6:37pm on 08/04/10
- too funny, when I open up this post, I have the fat belly lady ad winking at me [NT] - AngAk - 5:40pm on 08/04/10
- Hooo Booooy...sounds divine. I love coconut milk in curries although not - joanietoo - 7:39pm on 08/04/10
- Coriander Chutney and Green Marsala - joanietoo - 7:40pm on 08/04/10
- Joanie I love Coriander Chutney - Richard in Cincy - 3:38pm on 08/05/10
- Nice side south indian side dish -- Semiya Upma - Judy-TX - 6:44pm on 08/16/10
- Jumbo Shrimp in coconut curry sauce - Judy-TX - 7:19pm on 08/16/10
- Kosu Kootu -- a comforting homey dish - Judy-TX - 7:40pm on 08/16/10