Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
I spent time as a personal chef many years ago
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #18901 at 4:14 pm on Sep 1, 2010
It depends on what kind of client you are looking for Kendall. Are you looking to be hired as a full-time chef for a family or are you looking for high-end party work? Or?
Either way you need to market to the women. Whether they be the execs or the wives of execs they are who makes the decisions about food.
Got a Junior League where you are? Find out who the members are and send out something clever to each of them. High-end golf courses? Buzz through when you know there is a function and hand stuff out to people. Hospital Auxiliary meetings? Exclusive tennis clubs or health clubs? High-end trendy grocery stores? Get your stuff where they will find it.
Limo services can be a good resource for business too. Offer a small spiff for referrals. If you are really high-end go to where the corporate jets hanger and get your cards in the hands of a supervisor.
Think outside the box. Just going to businesses is not going to get you the business. Your samples and info will not get in the right hands unless you have pretty much all-women companies you go to. Good intentions usually get pretty much stopped by whomever is at the reception area.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18901. Is anyone here a personal chef? If so, - Kendall - 10:39pm on 08/30/10 (11)
- I'm not, but I have 3 chefs renting space from me that are............. - michelle - 11:38pm on 08/30/10
- Love the resume-menu - what a great idea.... - deb-in-MI - 10:52am on 08/31/10
- I am in the same boat as you Kendall. [IMAGE] - Dawn_MO - 1:56pm on 08/31/10
- re: health regulations - michelle - 10:36pm on 08/31/10
- Thank You All So Much!!! - Kendall - 12:55am on 09/01/10
- I spent time as a personal chef many years ago - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:14pm on 09/01/10
- GREAT STUFF Cathy Z, thanks! - Kendall - 12:24am on 09/02/10
- I don't have the licensing and other qualifications for "caterer," so technically , - Joe - 3:52am on 09/02/10
- "pretend not to notice "--that made me smile this morning! Great idea for Silent Auction item [NT] - AngAk - 6:34pm on 09/02/10
- Best of luck to you! - SallyBR - 11:42pm on 09/02/10
- I used to live in Okarche and worked at Quail Springs Mall---small world. [NT] - AngAk - 8:55pm on 09/03/10