Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Wow, that was nice of you. I will try that one.......
Joined: Apr 13, 2006
Posted to Thread #18906 at 2:20 pm on Sep 2, 2010
I have a going away party for one of the MDs here and I usually make a WOW cake for potlucks, but I decided to keep it simple this time. The ingredients I posted came from one of the anesthesiologists who had made the cake a couple of years ago and it was a wonderful, flavourful cake.
I have a large tub of almond paste sitting in my garage freezer for quite a while now and I thought I could add the paste to her recipe, but from what I hear it would be too heavy and that it would be best to use another recipe, so thanks to you I will just go ahead and make both recipes and see people's reactions. I hope I don't let down too many people because this time it will not be a feast for the eyes, but a feast for the taste buds.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18906. Help needed to modify recipe - oli - 12:29am on 09/01/10 (13)
- What's this a recipe for? Looks sort of delicate but I would try substituting some of the butter for - Steve2 in LA - 12:56am on 09/01/10
- This is a recipe for a cake, normally done 9", very nice [NT] - oli - 5:00pm on 09/01/10
- Hey Steve, that's the best idea, I'm wondering... - Kendall - 1:17am on 09/01/10
- Looks like cookies. You could always roll a little ball of almond paste, then wrap some dough around - cheezz - 1:40am on 09/01/10
- Cheez, that's an even better idea than mine. I'd actually EAT that. [NT] - Steve2 in LA - 2:22am on 09/01/10
- OHH, High Five cheezz! [NT] - Kendall - 3:04am on 09/01/10
- I just like "stuff" in the middle of cookies, be it a mini Reese's pb cup, jam, whatever! [NT] - cheezz - 4:29am on 09/01/10
- MMM! Stuffed Cookie Dough! She uses both the van. almond extract, and wraps cookie around paste! [NT] - Kendall - 4:32am on 09/01/10
- I'd add cardomom, too.... just 'cause it's my favorite spice and goes well with almonds [NT] - cheezz - 3:41am on 09/02/10
- Oli, have you seen this almond butter cake recipe at Epicurious? Perhaps it would work for you. [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 6:28pm on 09/01/10
- Wow, that was nice of you. I will try that one....... - oli - 2:20pm on 09/02/10
- I hate to muddy the water, but here's another that looks really good from David Lebovitz [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 6:16pm on 09/02/10
- Starting to see 3 cakes in oli's future. ;-) [NT] - Pat-NoCal - 6:52pm on 09/02/10