Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Here is what we found.
Joined: Mar 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #18955 at 9:19 pm on Sep 9, 2010
First of all, London is expensive. You can sometimes get some pretty good deals on hotels at hotels.com. We really enjoy staying in South Kensington.
There is a restaurant/bakery called Patisserie Valerie where you can get fantastic pastries. They also have reasonable meals here. There are several of these patisseries around town. Our favorite is the one on Brompton Road in Knightsbridge.
We really enjoyed the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace. I think it is on Sundays at 11:00 am. It's quite a show.
Don't miss Harrod's food court. Also, Fortnum and Mason. We got hooked on their Royal Blend tea.
Covent Gardens - You can get 1/2 price tickets for many of the shows. There is a booth in the area for same-day tickets.
London Eye is fun - great view.
British Museum, Tower of London, Science Museum, Burough Market.
Walk across the Millennium Bridge to see the Globe Theatre. That side of the Thames is fun.
Take the double decker bus and just explore the city. Sit on the top deck and you will get a great tour.
Thornton's Candy - we love it!
Take the boat to Greenwich and stand on the international date line.
Other messages in this thread:
- 18955. Help! I just found out I'm going to England to deliver our application! - MarilynFL - 9:41am on 09/09/10 (33)
- I just want to say congratulations! That's a great bonus for all the long hours and hard work. [NT] - Curious1 - 12:22pm on 09/09/10
- WhaaaaHooooo Well done..... - joanietoo - 1:24pm on 09/09/10
- How awesome, and well deserved. Perhaps Sandra can offer some advice. - Pat-NoCal - 1:31pm on 09/09/10
- Yay! I know several folks in London; what's your budget for accomodations? - Amanda_Pennsylvania - 2:16pm on 09/09/10
- Congrats. I know you will have a wonderful time. [NT] - elaine - 2:37pm on 09/09/10
- Wonderful and well deserved! Enjoy! Start working on the shopping list! [NT] - barb_b - 5:34pm on 09/09/10
- I've never been there but my father went. When he went he said it was very - DawnNYS - 6:11pm on 09/09/10
- London has lots of beautiful parks - I loved the lake at Hyde Park. [NT] - Meryl - 8:24pm on 09/09/10
- Especially watching the ducks and swans. - Meryl - 8:26pm on 09/09/10
- Here is what we found. - rhoward2va - 9:19pm on 09/09/10
- All great suggestions, EXCEPT... - Sandra in New York - 2:38am on 09/19/10
- Lucky you! I am so jealous! Please share all your stories with us when you get home. [NT] - Marianne - 9:34pm on 09/09/10
- I'm thrilled for you, Marilyn and for your husband, you are more than well deserved! [NT] - Marsha tbay - 10:32pm on 09/09/10
- Thanks everyone!. I'm taking the leap and shooting on 2 weeks. - MarilynFL - 11:27pm on 09/09/10
- Kudos to you Marillyn! Nice to know hard work is rewarded sometimes!!! [NT] - PatBastrop - 12:20am on 09/10/10
- Splennndid my dee-ah!! How about a side trip to Windsor Castle? I've been [LINK] - FloriSandy - 1:47am on 09/10/10
- Here's another website that sells The London Pass with more details on what's included [NT] [LINK] - FloriSandy - 2:13am on 09/10/10
- Woo-hoo! Congratulations I'm sure you'll have a fab time! [NT] - MariaDNoCA - 5:25am on 09/10/10
- Congrats Marilyn!! [NT] - deb-in-MI - 11:01am on 09/10/10
- Mar, check your messages.... - joanietoo - 1:53pm on 09/10/10
- London is of course wondermous, but if at all possible, get out of the city... [LINK] - Richard in Cincy - 3:51pm on 09/10/10
- Bravo Mar! have a mahhhhvelous time. [NT] - AngAk - 4:44pm on 09/10/10
- Hogwarts tour?? [NT] - AngAk - 5:51pm on 09/10/10
- Marilyn, that will be so wonderful! [LINK] - Lana in FL - 8:03pm on 09/12/10
- The Big Wheel, Victoria and Albert Museum, Paddington Station to visit - aajay - 9:36pm on 09/12/10
- Oh, and Boadicea is buried under King's Cross on the other side from Platform 9. [NT] - Lana in FL - 11:50pm on 09/13/10
- Congrats! Have fun--look at renting an apt. Or maybe airbnb.com? [NT] - ErininNY - 1:19pm on 09/14/10
- On my London to do list: Take a cooking class from Anissa Helou [NT] [LINK] - Traca - 8:56pm on 09/14/10
- Marilyn, I have good friends in London. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll connect you. - Traca - 8:58pm on 09/14/10
- Book The Fat Duck today.... - Sandra in New York - 2:45am on 09/19/10