Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Suggestions, please. Feeding family with multiple food allergies AND a vegetarian.
Joined: Sep 15, 2010
Posted to Thread #18992 at 1:56 pm on Sep 16, 2010
David has invited friends over for dinner on Sunday. I called to find out what they like and was given a daunting list of food allergies and the wife is vegetarian. NO beef, wheat, dairy, nuts, pork, or shellfish. No meat for the vegetarian. They do like Mexican, so I guess I'm looking for some ideas to accommodate that. There are no soy allergies. I generally avoid soy, but would likely use soy cheese in something. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts...
Other messages in this thread:
- 18992. Suggestions, please. Feeding family with multiple food allergies AND a vegetarian. - Claire-SW Oregon - 1:56pm on 09/16/10 (14)
- How about an eggplant dish? Or talapia? [NT] - barb_b - 2:19pm on 09/16/10
- I love the Mediterranean Fish rec posted on EPI; unfortunately - barb_b - 2:24pm on 09/16/10
- Could it be similar to this Barb? This is a fabulous recipe [LINK] - CathyZ from Kauai - 5:52pm on 09/16/10
- Cathy, Thanks so much for the link. I love the technique, flavors, and presentation. [NT] - barb_b - 7:33pm on 09/16/10
- yum! so, I know halibut would be better than salmon in this, but, OH the salmon I have, soooooo - AngAk - 6:51pm on 09/17/10
- do you feel sorry for me and my salmon predicament? anyone?? [NT] - AngAk - 6:51pm on 09/17/10
- boo hoo - so sad to have a glut of good salmon. I think you should send it to me! :) [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 7:01pm on 09/17/10
- How about a taco or tostada bar? Make a pot of plain pinto beans, which I like - Joe - 2:43pm on 09/16/10
- great idea! I'd add a bowl of baked potatoes to the bar for dressing up/down as well. [NT] - AngAk - 5:53pm on 09/16/10
- I was searching for Borracha beans and ran across this wonderful thread of the old group recipes [LINK] - AngAk - 5:57pm on 09/16/10
- Is this the recipe you were seeking? [NT] [LINK] - Curious1 - 6:10pm on 09/16/10
- Yes! helps if I spell it right. [NT] - AngAk - 6:32pm on 09/16/10
- Ha, it doesn't fix it for us as Google does. Have you noticed the various spellings of portobello? - Curious1 - 6:37pm on 09/16/10
- How about (chicken) stir-fry or Spanish rice with lots of vegetables and a side of roast turkey/fish - DawnNYS - 10:59pm on 09/16/10