Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Making oven-roasted potatoes ahead?
Joined: Dec 20, 2005
Posted to Thread #19107 at 6:35 pm on Oct 6, 2010
I'm cooking for a party this weekend. Casual, no sit down eating, lots of drinking. Tapas--50 people or so in and out throughout the night.
One recipe I was counting on I've since decided not to make because while I liked it, I don't think the crowd would. I'd like to sub in something simple so I thought I'd just roast some potatoes (like Ina's http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/rosemary-roasted-potatoes-recipe/index.html), serve with aioli and pass it off as a tapas dish.
It would be nice if I could make these ahead and rewarm during the party, because I have so many other dishes to turn out. Does anyone know if I can make these ahead and reheat or if doing so will make them soggy? Or have any prep tips for streamlining if I can't make ahead. I definitely won't have time to cut up all the potatoes during the party. Plus, I might be too tipsy. ;)
I think I've planned pretty well so almost everything will be made ahead or very easy to throw together at the party.
Other messages in this thread:
- 19107. Making oven-roasted potatoes ahead? - Therese - 6:35pm on 10/06/10 (21)
- Therese, I don't think roasted potatoes taste good reheated--they get a stale "off" taste - Joe - 7:06pm on 10/06/10
- Dag. I was afraid of that. Guess I can just... - Therese - 7:29pm on 10/06/10
- I'm sorry, I think the water will prevent a crust, because it will wash away the surface starch. [LINK] - Joe - 10:36pm on 10/06/10
- I should stop saying "go gaga." After Lady Gaga's meat dress, it could imply a major lapse in taste. [NT] - Joe - 10:41pm on 10/06/10
- Really!? THAT'S a Spanish Tortilla?? I've been making it all along and didn't know... - cheezz - 11:19pm on 10/06/10
- You don't need to put them in water, you can cut them and toss with a little olive oil to coat the - Pat-NoCal - 5:01am on 10/07/10
- Yes- I've done this successfully many times [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 6:39pm on 10/07/10
- Pat and Cathy,I didn't know this trick. Thanks for sharing [NT] - Joe - 8:20pm on 10/07/10
- Now how brilliant is that?! Never thought of doing such a clever thing - thanks Pat! [NT] - cheezz - 12:17am on 10/08/10
- Love this tip too! Do you refrigerate during the holding period? [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 8:32am on 10/08/10
- I don't but Pat might [NT] - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:11pm on 10/08/10
- No refrigeration is really needed, but - Pat-NoCal - 10:44pm on 10/08/10
- Thanks for the tip!!! nt [NT] - Therese - 11:40am on 10/08/10
- If your potatoes idea is not set in stone, here are some other tapas suggestions >> [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 7:35pm on 10/06/10
- or this one >> [NT] [LINK] - cheezz - 7:38pm on 10/06/10
- Thanks for all the suggestions. Here is what... - Therese - 8:35pm on 10/06/10
- Sounds wonderful! How about tiny stuffed tomatoes for your blank spot? - cheezz - 11:22pm on 10/06/10
- have you looked at 'Patatas Bravas'...also a Spanish Tortilla...tats... - joanietoo - 10:27pm on 10/06/10