Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|CathyZ from Kauai||
I've got the expensive French mandoline and a cheapo knockoff too
Joined: Dec 10, 2005
Posted to Thread #19118 at 4:04 pm on Oct 9, 2010
It is like anything else, Richard. At what performance level do you want a mandoline to be? You want precise, surgical cuts, slices so thin you can see through them and the food not torn up? Perfect julienne? Then get the real deal. Difficult to learn to use, dangerous certainly but lives up to its reputation.
Want "almost" and not so dangerous? Pick another type. I use both depending on the situation.
Other messages in this thread:
- 19118. buying new mandoline...any raves? any slugs to avoid? [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:23pm on 10/08/10 (15)
- After using a cheapo Feemster for years and making a mistake on buying an expensive French model [LINK] - Curious1 - 3:41pm on 10/08/10
- I love my Zyliss. I use it all the time. (Hungarian Cucumber Salad!) Easy to clean and compact [NT] [LINK] - barb_b - 4:13pm on 10/08/10
- avoid using - whinecountry - 4:31pm on 10/08/10
- Owwwwww. and also LOL. [NT] - AngAk - 5:25pm on 10/08/10
- You're right WC. Except my fingernail still looks funny two years later. [NT] - Michael in Phoenix - 5:31pm on 10/08/10
- my fingernail is fine but where the finger grew back - whinecountry - 6:25pm on 10/08/10
- Yep, same thing happened to me. Buy one with a guard on it. [NT] - Traca - 6:28pm on 10/08/10
- I use mine all the time for the cuc salad; literally daily. BUT, always use the holder; WHile I - barb_b - 2:20pm on 10/09/10
- I've got the expensive French mandoline and a cheapo knockoff too - CathyZ from Kauai - 4:04pm on 10/09/10
- Same here. Though my less costly Super Benriner gets the most use. [NT] [LINK] - Pat-NoCal - 6:40pm on 10/09/10
- I love how amazon says that "frequently buy together... A cut resistant glove! : ) " [NT] - barb_b - 2:18pm on 10/10/10
- LOL, yup, and it's good advice for newbies to the mandolin world. Though, if you're - Pat-NoCal - 3:39pm on 10/10/10
- I have the expensive French one... - judy-mass - 2:50am on 10/20/10
- I'll keep my fancy expensive French mandolin thank you. [NT] - orchid - 7:10pm on 10/09/10
- Thanks for all the info! [NT] - Richard in Cincy - 2:43am on 10/12/10