Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Interesting thing about turnips...friends of mine in England say at the grocery store
Joined: Jan 11, 2007
Posted to Thread #19133 at 5:33 pm on Oct 10, 2010
you see TONS of turnips. Apparently they're more popular there than in potatoes. She was shocked to arrive here and find a measly section of turnips and a mountain of potatoes. It's the opposite in the UK, so I hear.
The BBC's website has a ton of recipes. Might be fun to see what they do with turnips.
You can't do anything about the length of your life, but you can do
something about its depth. - M
Other messages in this thread:
- 19133. I have turnips, both tops and bottoms. What do I do with them? - Dawn_MO - 9:23am on 10/10/10 (9)
- I love turnips in veggie soup. [NT] - barb_b - 12:46pm on 10/10/10
- Here is my favorite recipe for them--Caramelized Turnips. I also like to mix them with potatoes [LINK] - Joe - 2:35pm on 10/10/10
- Dawn, Check Paula Deen's Recipe "Tugboat Turnips" at Food Network - terrific recipe....check reviews [NT] - GayR - 3:00pm on 10/10/10
- Food & Wine - Roasted Turnips and Greens (Chef Charlie Parker Recipe) [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 3:36pm on 10/10/10
- Interesting thing about turnips...friends of mine in England say at the grocery store - Traca - 5:33pm on 10/10/10
- Raw turnips with your favorite veggie dip is nice too. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 7:20pm on 10/10/10
- Compost pile ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:51pm on 10/10/10
- My smile for the day! : ) [NT] - barb_b - 2:41pm on 10/11/10
- Now I am wishing I had gotten a bunch at the Farmers Market! - Music City Missy - 2:57am on 10/11/10