Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
My Weekend Six
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #19140 at 12:18 am on Oct 11, 2010
Okay, it seems like Friday was a month ago, so let's see...
Trying to decide what to make for a potluck dinner on Wednesday night at the Y. So many picky-- ahem, "healthy" eaters there, there always seems to be lots of pasta dishes and carb-loaded food. I want to bring some kind of hearty, yet not-too-difficult (or expensive) dish. Wouldn't hurt if it was kid-friendly too.
Saturday I made a no-added sugar raspberry-apple pie with a perfect crust... how'd I do that! Must remember and do again soon. Did I mention I have 20 lbs of apples sitting in my garage?
Beautiful weekend here (and there's still one more day of it) - cool and sunny, leaves turning bright orange and red. Went for a good, long hike in the woods with son and a friend of his, then stopped for miniature golf on the way home. Haven't done that in years...
I tried roasting a couple of red peppers on my smoothtop stove. It worked pretty good, and now I have a nice topper for my next sandwich.
Oh! We finally made it to Five Guys and Fries. They came to Syracuse during the summer. Very good. Humungous hamburgs with every imaginable topping to choose from. I would go with the "small" version next time, which was still about 1/4 lb I think. I was good and didn't order French fries, although they looked very good.
I'm in the baking mood again and have recently been eating B&M's brown bread in a can for breakfast with different types of cheeses and fruit for breakfast. I forgot how good that bread was. I know it's a New England product - anyone else ever try it? I didn't know it was baked right in the can. I'll make some pumpkin and/or bran muffins to have on hand for healthy snacks this week.
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 19140. My Weekend Six - DawnNYS - 12:18am on 10/11/10 (19)
- And a Happy 10-10-10 to everyone! [NT] - DawnNYS - 12:20am on 10/11/10
- I like to take caramel apples. No one ever does it, it's kid-friendly AND semi-healthy [NT] - cheezz - 12:47am on 10/11/10
- Or, with all those apples, how about baking up a big rectangular "pie"? - cheezz - 12:55am on 10/11/10
- How about a hearty soup, such as Chicken Tortilla Soup? Or some chili? [NT] - Meryl - 1:01am on 10/11/10
- What about quiche, or baked beans in a crock pot? Thai beef salad (Rec inside)? - Traca - 3:48am on 10/11/10
- These oven-fried chicken breasts are delish! Cut in strips, serve w/ a dip or on a salad? - Traca - 3:50am on 10/11/10
- This is my next salad - sounds really delicious. [NT] - elaine - 4:47am on 10/11/10
- How about making your own veggie sushi rolls? Not expensive, different, and will - barb_b - 2:29pm on 10/11/10
- Great idea Barb. Do you use spring roll "rounds" or something else? How did you - DawnNYS - 6:10am on 10/12/10
- Hi Dawn, I keep forgetting to make the rounds. I think they look lovely, but do not have experience - barb_b - 12:26pm on 10/12/10
- Sandi's Lazy Woman Sushi in T&T might be fun too. [NT] [LINK] - AngAk - 5:45pm on 10/12/10
- Oh yum! I have been wanting to make this for awhile. Maybe Sunday. [NT] - Dawn_MO - 10:41pm on 10/12/10
- Somehow I'm not getting this. With all the layers, how do people make their - DawnNYS - 2:35am on 10/13/10
- it's meant to have all the layers, in one spoonful, tucked inside a sheet of nori. like a sushi - AngAk - 6:51pm on 10/13/10
- It is sort of like the seven-layer-dips that you see. - Dawn_MO - 9:28pm on 10/13/10
- Oh my! I didn't expect all these suggestions... just hoping to hear other people's Sat Six! Thanks! [NT] - DawnNYS - 5:59am on 10/12/10