Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
|Music City Missy||
Now I am wishing I had gotten a bunch at the Farmers Market!
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #19133 at 2:57 am on Oct 11, 2010
I just love to cook the greens down a LONG time with salt, water, vinegar, side meat, and red pepper flakes. And then serve with some cornbread to sop up the pot licker.
As for the turnip,I love roasting or like Joe, mix with potatoes.
But beside those, I like to roast the turnips with other winter root vegetables, use in beef stew, use the greens in soups like you would kale - sausage and kale soup bein one I use it in.
Also, if I really like using all my greens together just stewed like plain turnip greens - radish, turnip, etc. I don't throw any of it away.
Other messages in this thread:
- 19133. I have turnips, both tops and bottoms. What do I do with them? - Dawn_MO - 9:23am on 10/10/10 (9)
- I love turnips in veggie soup. [NT] - barb_b - 12:46pm on 10/10/10
- Here is my favorite recipe for them--Caramelized Turnips. I also like to mix them with potatoes [LINK] - Joe - 2:35pm on 10/10/10
- Dawn, Check Paula Deen's Recipe "Tugboat Turnips" at Food Network - terrific recipe....check reviews [NT] - GayR - 3:00pm on 10/10/10
- Food & Wine - Roasted Turnips and Greens (Chef Charlie Parker Recipe) [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 3:36pm on 10/10/10
- Interesting thing about turnips...friends of mine in England say at the grocery store - Traca - 5:33pm on 10/10/10
- Raw turnips with your favorite veggie dip is nice too. [NT] - Melissa Dallas - 7:20pm on 10/10/10
- Compost pile ;o) [NT] - DawnNYS - 11:51pm on 10/10/10
- My smile for the day! : ) [NT] - barb_b - 2:41pm on 10/11/10
- Now I am wishing I had gotten a bunch at the Farmers Market! - Music City Missy - 2:57am on 10/11/10