Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
Great article. Some of my favorite cookbooks are the community ones.
Joined: Jan 8, 2006
Posted to Thread #19152 at 10:42 pm on Oct 12, 2010
For a while I spent time searching on ebay for community cookbooks from areas around the country that had heavy ethnic populations. Some of these books are fabulous. The baking recipes from one that is the United Sloven Women at some church (that doesn't come to mind) are terrific. All of these have good authentic recipes that granny brought to America.
Other messages in this thread:
- 19152. Nice Article by Amanda Hesser N.Y. Times - Recipe Redux: The Community Cookbook [NT] [LINK] - GayR - 5:43pm on 10/12/10 (4)
- Great article. Some of my favorite cookbooks are the community ones. - Melissa Dallas - 10:42pm on 10/12/10
- Melissa, I also love the Community Cookbooks and agree with you. [NT] - GayR - 10:55pm on 10/12/10
- those and jr league cookbooks are my favorite travel purchases. [NT] - AngAk - 7:11pm on 10/13/10
- agree---great article. I saved it to my favorites. [NT] - AngAk - 12:31am on 10/13/10