Some cosmetic changes in preparation for larger site changes in the works.
I'm really eperimenting with new-to-me Asian food
Joined: Dec 9, 2005
Posted to Thread #19159 at 3:10 am on Oct 13, 2010
Today I made ramen noodle salad - never really made anything with them before except for the ramen noodle cole slaw. The recipe was a comination of rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and soy sauce mixed and added to stir-fried noodles. Add thinly sliced red and green peppers, carrots, peas, and onions. Peanuts, bite-sized pieces of chicken, and golden raisins are optional; saute until chicken is done.
Next trial will be soba noodles with slices of beef or pork, chili pepper sauce, and broccoli. I think I'll use yakisoba sauce to give it a little tang.
Then, vegetable sushi (I think made up, not-do-it-yourself, this time) for the potluck. Just a simple California one - avocados, rice, and carrots wrapped in soy wraps and served with sweetened fish sauce. No nori - ugh, hate the taste of it. Maybe one version with salmon, cream cheese, red pepper, apple slices?, cucumber, and...
How did the fool *get* his money?!
Other messages in this thread:
- 19159. I'm really eperimenting with new-to-me Asian food - DawnNYS - 3:10am on 10/13/10 (5)
- And my finger food for the Hawaiian party too... mango, melon, ham, and pineapple sushi :o) - DawnNYS - 3:55am on 10/13/10
- C'mon Dawn try it! Me loves Spam! [NT] - Sandi in Hawaii - 4:03am on 10/13/10
- Mees too! Yo Dawn, check this out. I saw this recently in Philadelphia Inquirer's food section [LINK] - FloriSandy - 4:23am on 10/13/10
- Yoo-hoo! CynUpstateNY... an article about pierogis for you at my link above [NT] - FloriSandy - 4:37am on 10/13/10
- Nice article- Thanks! [NT] - CynUpstateNY - 8:04am on 10/13/10